Looking for the best handheld GPS for your outdoor adventures, look no further! When it comes to gps technology, using the best equipment can go a long way and seriously improve your performance in outdoor activities. Oh and not get lost in the wilderness.
We’ve done the research and found the best selling handheld GPS units. These portable and easy to carry GPS were chosen based on customer reviews. Never get lost again with one of these trusty hand helds.
These are the Best Handheld GPS
- Rugged and water-resistant design with button operation and a 2. 6” sunlight-readable color display
- Preloaded with Topo Active maps (U. S. and Australia only) featuring routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking
- Know where you’re at with a high-sensitivity receiver with quad helix antenna and multi-GNSS support (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) and 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Wireless connectivity via BLUETOOTH technology and ANT+ technology available on GPSMAP 64sx and GPSMAP 64csx models
- Battery life: up to 16 hours in GPS mode
- Large 3” Sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the geos 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center; two-way messaging via the 100% Global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping with direct-to-device Birdseye satellite imagery downloads (no annual subscription); includes multiple global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
- Cellular connectivity lets you access active weather forecasts and geocaching live
- Compatible with the Garmin explore website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
- Explore confidently with the reliable handheld GPS
- 2.2” sunlight-readable color display with 240 x 320 display pixels for improved readability
- Preloaded with Topo Active maps with routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking
- Support for GPS and GLONASS satellite systems allows for tracking in more challenging environments than GPS alone
- 8 GB of internal memory for map downloads plus a micro SD card slot
- UPGRADED DISPLAY Features a 2.2” 65K color sunglight readable display offering increased resolution (240 x 320 pixels). Physical dimensions: 2.1" x 4.0" x 1.3" (5.4 x 10.3 x 3.3 cm)
- LOAD MORE MAPS Large 3.7 GB of internal memory and microSD card slot lets you load a variety of maps, including TOPO 24K, HuntView, BlueChart g2, City Navigator NT and BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required)
- PRELOADED BASEMAP Includes a worldwide basemap with shaded relief
- BUILT IN SENSORS eTrex 30x adds a built in 3 axis tilt compensated electronic compass and a barometric altimeter which tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you even can use it to plot barometric pressure over time
- WIRELESS Wirelessly share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches with other compatible devices simply press “send” to transfer your information also wirelessly connects to compatible Garmin devices, including VIRB and accessory sensors
- 100 percent global Iridium satellite coverage enables two way text messaging from anywhere (satellite subscription required)
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center
- Track and share your location with family and friends. Water rating : IPX7. Battery : Rechargeable internal lithium ion
- Pair with mobile devices using the free earthmate app for access to downloadable maps, U.S. NOAA charts, color aerial imagery and more
- In reach explorer+ device adds preloaded Delorme topo maps with onscreen GPS routing plus built in digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Touchscreen - 3-inch sunlight-readable touchscreen display with Dual orientation (landscape or portrait view)
- ABC sensors - 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic Compass with accelerometer and Barometric altimeter sensors
- Ruggedized for the outdoors - ergonomic, rugged design that Stands strong against dust, dirt and humidity -and it is water-rated to Ipx7
- Capture the moment - 8 Megapixel Autofocus Camera with LED flash/Torch
- Connect iq - connect iq compatible to customize the Device with data fields, widgets, and apps; find what you like or build your own
- Rugged and water-resistant design with button operation and a 2.6” sunlight-readable color display | Preloaded with TopoActive maps (U.S. and Australia only) featuring routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking | Know where you’re at with a high-sensitivity receiver with quad helix antenna and multi-GNSS support (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) and 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Cellular connectivity lets you access Active Weather forecasts and Geocaching Live | GPSMAP 64csx adds 8-megapixel autofocus camera that lets you geotag photos | Battery life: up to 16 hours in GPS mode
- The GPSMAP 64x handheld series comes preloaded with TopoActive maps featuring routable streets and trails so you can take the journey off the grid. Now you can know your surroundings — such as waterways and natural features as well as buildings, international boundaries and more. You can also find thousands of points of interests, including shops, restaurants, universities, parks and accommodations.
- [BRITE-NITE DOME LANTERN] - Our Brite-Nite Dome Lantern will certainly light up your life. Using common and readily available AAA batteries, it is ideal for camping, hiking, emergencies, power outages, and other night-time outdoor activities. With the powerful magnets, hanging hooks, rubber anti-slip feet, 3 lighting modes, and multi-function design, the Brite-Nite Dome Lantern will make your next camping trip conveniently bright.
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: GPSMAP 64x | USB cable | Documentation | LED Brite-Nite Dome Lantern Flashlight | 4 Rechargeable AA Batteries Charger | 16GB Micro SD Memory Card | Tactical Flashlight and Tactical Pen Set | 2-Pack Tactical Emergency Bracelet
- Marine-friendly handheld with high-sensitivity GPS receiver and 2.6-inch color TFT display
- Perfect for boating/watersports--waterproof to IPX7 standards; floats in water
- Built-in BlueChart g2 U.S./Bahamas coastal charts with shorelines, depth contours, navaids, harbors, marinas, and more
- Built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter for heading/altitude/weather
- Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible device user
- Explore the Terrain - GPSMAP 64st comes with a worldwide basemap with shaded relief and is preloaded with TOPO 100K, which includes coverage of the full U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. Plus it includes a 1-year BirdsEye Satellite Imagery subscription - all the tools for serious climbing or hiking. Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
- Get Your Bearings - GPSMAP 64st has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you're standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
- Share Wirelessly - Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible devices. Your friends can enjoy your favorite hike or cache without waiting for you to plug in to your computer - simply press "send" to transfer your information to another Garmin handheld.
- Stay Connected - With Smart Notification you can wirelessly receive email, texts and alerts from your compatible iPhone 4s or later. Stay connected without having to dig into your backpack for your smartphone.
- Bundle includes 1-Year EXTENDED WARRANTY
Final Thoughts on Buying a Handheld GPS
Do some research before you buy your next portable GPS, or choose from our list of GPS devices on the market today! Choose the right sonar to make the most of your outdoors experience.
Last update on 2020-10-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API