Looking for the best handheld GPS for your outdoor adventures, look no further! When it comes to gps technology, using the best equipment can go a long way and seriously improve your performance in outdoor activities. Oh and not get lost in the wilderness.
We’ve done the research and found the best selling handheld GPS units. These portable and easy to carry GPS were chosen based on customer reviews. Never get lost again with one of these trusty hand helds.
These are the Best Handheld GPS
- Marine-friendly handheld with high-sensitivity GPS receiver and 2.6-inch color TFT display
- Perfect for boating/watersports--waterproof to IPX7 standards; floats in water
- Built-in BlueChart g2 U.S./Bahamas coastal charts with shorelines, depth contours, navaids, harbors, marinas, and more
- Built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass and barometric altimeter for heading/altitude/weather
- Share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible device user
- Rugged handheld navigator with preloaded worldwide basemap and 2.2 inch monochrome display
- WAAS enabled GPS receiver with HotFix and GLONASS support for fast positioning and a reliable signal
- Waterproof to IPX7 standards for protection against splashes, rain, etc.
- Support for paperless geocaching and Garmin spine mounting accessories. Power with two AA batteries for up to 20 hours of use (best with Polaroid AA batteries)
- See high and low elevation points or store waypoints along a track (start, finish and high/low altitude) to estimate time and distance between points
- Rugged and water-resistant design with button operation and a 2. 6” sunlight-readable color display
- Preloaded with Topo Active maps (U. S. and Australia only) featuring routable roads and trails for cycling and hiking
- Know where you’re at with a high-sensitivity receiver with quad helix antenna and multi-GNSS support (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo) and 3-axis compass with barometric altimeter
- Wireless connectivity via BLUETOOTH technology and ANT+ technology available on GPSMAP 64sx and GPSMAP 64csx models
- Battery life: up to 16 hours in GPS mode
- Large 3 inch Sunlight-readable color display for easy viewing
- Trigger an interactive SOS to the geos 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center, two-way messaging via the 100% Global Iridium satellite network (satellite subscription required)
- Preloaded Garmin TOPO mapping with direct-to-device Birdseye satellite imagery downloads (no annual subscription), includes multiple global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) support and navigation sensors
- Cellular connectivity lets you access active weather forecasts and geocaching live
- Compatible with the Garmin explore website and app to help you manage waypoints, routes, activities and collections, use tracks and review trip data from the field
- Multi-functional GPS Navigation Ensures Safety Tourist for You: This Handheld GPS is multiple tools for variety outdoors activities, such as outdoor hiking, orienteering, outdoor rescue, looking for campsites, outdoor adventure, cross the desert, looking for water source, navigating along the road, time-saving tool for you to enjoy a leasure and safety journey
- Widely Applications: This Handheld GPS Navigation has widely applications, it can be applied for agriculture, forestry, geology, communication, fishing and shop inspection, such as acre measurement, length measurement, area calculation, park and garden planning, regional water quality survey, network planning, base station location, save the coordinate of fishing point, inflection point coordinates and track recording
- Updated Version Meets Different needs: This A6 Handheld GPS Navigation fully upgrades and optimizes the operation process, data organization form, satellite navigation location module, system and map navigation, so as to meet the requirements of user acquisition, area measurement, navigation, point finding, track recording and other work in various industries as much as possible
- High-Valued Package: There is a Handheld GPS Navigation, a hanging rope , a usb cable, a cd, a plug and a user manual inclded in the package, no needs to buy additional accssories, you can use them easily with the equipped mannual
- Convenient Charging and Easier Carriage: USB charging and hanging rope offers more convenient operation for you
- 2.6-inch TFT LCD display. Display size-1.43 x 2.15 inches. 2.6 inch diagonal
- Worldwide shaded relief basemap; microSD card slot for optional mapping
- 3-Axis compass & barometric altimeter
- Floats, buoyant
- Built-in 3-axis electronic compass; Barometric altimeter
- Touchscreen - 3-inch sunlight-readable touchscreen display with Dual orientation (landscape or portrait view)
- Abc sensors - 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic Compass with accelerometer and Barometric altimeter sensors. Display size - 1.5 W x 2.5 H (3.8 x 6.3 cm). 3 inch diag (7.6 cm). Battery life - up to 16 hours
- Ruggedized for the outdoors - ergonomic, rugged design that Stands strong against dust, dirt and humidity -and it is water-rated to Ipx7
- Activity profiles - simplified multi activity menu interface - including climb, hike, hunt, bike, geocache, fish and more
- Connect IQ - connect IQ compatible to customize the Device with data fields, widgets, and apps; find what you like or build your own.Display resolution, WxH:240 x 400 pixels
- Bluetooth and GPS - Keep your phone safe and dry by making calls directly from your radio with added Bluetooth capabilities. With built-in GPS receiver, see your GPS coordinates on screen and automatically send your exact location with DSC calls.
- Replay Missed Calls – The rewind-say-again feature automatically records the last 20 seconds of incoming transmissions, optimal in noising conditions to make sure you never miss important information from you boat.
- Maximum Coverage – Allows operation of channels in the US, Canada, and internationally at 1, 3, or 6 watts with for short and long range communication, and access to NOAA weather channels, and instant Channel 16 access for emergencies.
- Clear Communication – Burp Feature vibrates the water out of the speaker grill and improves speaker performance, while weather alerts with an audible tone and visual alarm warn you real-time if threatening weather is nearby.
- Everything You Need – This Cobra Handheld Marine Radio comes ready to use with the included drop-in battery charger, AC charger, 12V DC charger, LiON battery pack, antenna, owner’s manual, spring loaded belt clip, and wrist strap.
- battery: 2 aa batteries (not included); nimh or lithium recommended
- memory: 1. 7 gb
- display resolution: 160 x 240 pixels
- "display size: 1. 43" x 2. 15"; 2. 6" diagonal"
- "physical dimensions: 2. 6" x 6. 0" x 1. 2"
Final Thoughts on Buying a Handheld GPS
Do some research before you buy your next portable GPS, or choose from our list of GPS devices on the market today! Choose the right sonar to make the most of your outdoors experience.
Last update on 2021-07-27 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API