Drones have become one of the hottest new pieces of technology. Whether you use your drone for photography, racing, or just for fun, a drone can be a fun toy. They are also serious pieces of equipment, however, so not all drones should be in the hands of children.
Drones that are made for kids have added safety features, are easy to fly, and often have fun features. If your child wants a quadcopter, there are plenty of safe and affordable options. Be sure to consider your child’s age when buying a kids drone and teach them the proper safety tips and techniques so that they can enjoy their drone, accident free!
Top 12 Kids Drones in 2020
We’ve compiled the best drones for children so that you can find the perfect toy drone for your child. These drones are simple to fly, compact, safe, and durable, so they can withstand some practice flights. Check out these kids quadcopters for a new toy, Christmas gift, birthday present, or an exciting surprise for your child!
These are the Best Drones for Kids:
- Altair 818 Hornet Beginner Drone
- Potensic A20 Mini Drone
- Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone
- Force1 Scoot Hand Operated Drone
- Spacekey FPV WiFi Drone
- Force1 UFO 3000 Mini Drone
- Snaptain H823H Mini Drone
- Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone
- Altair AA108 Camera Drone
- Syma X5C Explorers Quadcopter
- Air Hogs Star Wars Millennium Falcon Quad
- Air Hogs Star Trek USS Enterprise Drone
Altair 818 Hornet Beginner Drone
The Altair 818 Hornet was made with kids in mind: it has one-button take off and landing, so it is easy to begin and end your flights. This drone comes with three controller skill settings, so you can start on the easiest setting and work your way up, and it is safe for indoor use.
Read our full review of the Altair 818 Hornet.
- 720p HD Camera for amazing aerial photos and videos
- Easy to fly for all ages! Multiple Skill Settings Included
- Flight Modes like Altitude Hole, One Button Takeoff and Landing, and Headless Mode
- Smartphone Ready but Not Required!
- Durably Built for Stable Flights!
Potensic A20 Mini Drone
The Potensic A20 Mini Drone has round propeller guards to prevent injury to your child as well as damage to the drone, and an emergency stop button to land safely. It is less than $50, safe indoors and outdoors, and it’s compact and lightweight.
Read our full review of the Potensic A20.
- Easy to Play: With altitude hold, headless mode and One Key Taking-off / Landing, mini drone is easier to control and stabilize during flight.
- Having Fun for More Time: Drone for Kids and Beginners include 3 batteries. Flight time up to 15-18 minutes.
- Headless Mode: You could control the Small drone fly toward any directions by remote controller.
- 3 Speed: RC helicopter have three different flight speeds. You can use it in different flying environments and feel different flying experiences.
- Portable and Durable: Mini drone is extremely lightweight and easy to carry. With 4 propeller guards, make mini drone more durable.
Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone
The Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter Drone is another kid safe drone that is easy to use and inexpensive enough for children to practice with. It has a one-key return button and headless security system to prevent losing the drone and keep beginners at ease, but it also has a high quality camera.
Read our full review of the Holy Stone F181C RC Quadcopter.
- Equipped with one key return & headless security system to assist beginners and help prevent losing the drone
- Altitude hold function: powerful air pressure altitude hold function allows the drone to hover at it's current height after releasing the throttle stick. Easy for you to shoot quality images or videos.
- One key 360° 4-ways flip (left, right, forward, backward), Continuous roll for perfect action and wonderful performance
- Come with two batteries (bonus battery) for longer flight time.
- Range: About 50-100 meters. Battery flight time: about 7-9 minutes. Charging time: about 80 minutes. No FPV (first Person View).
Force1 Scoot Hand Operated Drone
The Force1 Scoot Hand Operated Drone is perfect for younger children, as young as age 4 or 5. It is not remote control operated – it uses motion sensors, so kids can use their hands to direct it, maker it safer for kids to use and less likely to crash into objects.
Read our full review of the Force1 Scoot Hand Drone.
- ORIGINAL SCOOT DRONE FOR KIDS: Here’s the first, and the most-loved hand operated drone in Force1’s Scoot drone family! Toss to launch this hand drone into the air and enjoy vibrant LEDs light up this UFO flying toy with every flight
- INDOOR HOVER DRONE FOR BEGINNERS: Equipped with smart, obstacle avoidance motion sensors, use your hand to guide its flight, play modern catch with family and friends, and catch it “hamburger-style” once you’re done
- DURABLE AND SAFE WEBBED SHELL DESIGN: This flying toy drone is designed with a webbed shell that protects hands, walls, and furniture from the propellers; this webbed shell also keeps the drone safe from damages as it fly around any indoor space
- US-CERTIFIED STEM TOY: This UFO drone toy is a great beginner drone for kids and kids at heart ages 8 and up; drone measures 4.75” D and includes a USB recharging cable
- QUALITY ASSURED: Fly this cool self flying sensor drone with family and friends for 8 minutes with every 50 minutes charge; We’ll provide a full refund if you’re not thrilled with these hand operated drones for kids and adults
Spacekey FPV WiFi Drone
The Spacekey FPV WiFi Drone comes with a 720p, 30fps HD camera with a 120-degree wide angle lens that can capture panoramic views via aerial photography. It’s made of durable plastic, and it’s safe to fly indoors and outside. There are three speed modes, so beginners can start slow.
Read our full review of the Spacekey FPV WiFi Drone.
- 1080P Wide-Angle Camera ✈ The upgraded DROCON drone 1080p camera captures sharp high-resolution photos and videos. The 120° wide-angle lens allows users to capture memorable moments from the sky with a panoramic perspective.
- Real-time FPV Transmission ✈ Operate your drone through Drocon Fly app (iOS/Android) via Wi-Fi while enjoying real-time images. Share your footage content on social media instantaneously via the app.
- Beginner-friendly Functions ✈ With features including altitude hold, headless mode, one-key return, trajectory flight, and so much more, the drone is easy to use for kids, newbies and beginners.
- Advanced Pro-level Features ✈ It's enjoyable, as you become proficient, to experiment with the 3D flip function, gravity control and the fastest speed of the 3-speed mode while shooting stunning shots and recordings.
- Considerate Safe Designs ✈ To ensure your safety, DC-014 drone has 4 propeller guards to prevent the propellers from hurting people. The low battery alarm warns you when it gets low. LED lights help you locate the drone when it’s dark.
Force1 UFO 3000 Mini Drone
This mini quadcopter is made for kids, so it’s easy to fly and has proper safety features. It is safe to use indoors and outdoors, and the blades are totally protected so it won’t hurt anyone if it touches them. It also features fun LED lights.
Read our full review of the Force1 UFO 3000.
- Easy Remote Control Drone for Kids: Fly this mini RC drone for boys and girls with a push of a button; launch, land, and perform 360° flip drone stunts with the easy-to-use 4-channel remote transmitter that allows you to fly multiple flying toy drones at once
- Vibrant LED Drone with 2 Speeds: Pilot this drone day or night, indoors or out with ultra bright neon-colored LEDs; this small drone races in low or high speeds to fit the drone flying preferences of beginners, intermediate, and experienced drone flyers
- User-Friendly UFO Drone Specs: This stunt drone is equipped with smart features like Altitude Hold to keep the drone hovering at a set height and Headless Mode for easy toy drone orientation, making this a great first toy drone for beginners of all ages
- Extended Flight Time with 2 Drone Batteries: Get back to flying this quadcopter drone again and again with 2 included rechargeable drone batteries for 18 minutes total flight time; ultra portable mini drone measures 5.5” x 5.5” and includes 4 spare propellers, a USB charging cable, and drone remote (requires 4 AAA batteries - not included)
- Kid-Safe and Durable Toy Drone: This mini drone for kids is designed with kid-friendly propeller guards for increased safety and durability; We’ll provide a full refund if you’re not totally satisfied with this flying toy for kids
Snaptain H823H Mini Drone
This option is great for kids, as it’s super safe and simple to fly with three speed settings for beginners, intermediates, and experts. Other safety features include altitude control, headless mode, one-key take off and landing, as well as one-key return that brings the drone back to the location of the remote.
Read our full review of the Snaptain H823H Mini.
No products found.
Holy Stone HS170 Predator Mini RC Helicopter Drone
This drone is easy to use and great for training, although kids under 14 years should be supervised. A headless flight system makes this drone easy to fly, and a 6-axis gyro stabilization system improves balance for excellent recovery after stunts or sudden movements.
Read our full review of the Holy Stone HS170 Predator.
- Headless security system enables players of any level to fly the drone easily
- 2. 4GHz technology adopted for anti-interference
- More stable and flexible with 6-axis gyro stabilization system
- Good PERFORMANCE of wind-resistant control range: About 30-50 meters
- Flight time: about 6-8 minutes Charging time: about 45-60 minutes (under currents input 0. 5A-1a)
Altair AA108 Camera Drone
The Altair AA1808 Camera Drone is one of the best picks out there for someone on a budget, so it makes a great starter drone. It’s easy to learn to fly, with three flight modes for beginners, mid-level, and advanced pilots, plus other features that make learning how to fly it simple, like headless mode, altitude hold, and one-button take off and landing.
Read our full review of the Altair AA108.
- ✅PREMIUM 720P CAMERA DRONE W REALTIME VIDEO: The Aerial AA108 comes with a 120 Degree Wide-Angle 720P HD camera that takes amazing photos and videos in birds eye view right from your phone. SD Card Not Included! We Recommend a Class 10 SD Card, Max Size 32 GB.
- ✅EASY TO FLY - The Altair Quadcopter is easily piloted & has Headless Mode, Altitude Hold & 1-button takeoff & landing. This is a Great drone with camera for kids, beginners and pro pilots, easy to fly indoors as well.
- ✅STABLE FLIGHT & DURABLE CONSTRUCTION for Long Lasting Fun! The Altair also has Custom Route Modes, Use your smartphone to draw a custom flight line on your mobile screen and the drone will fly according to your flight line.
- ✅LONG RANGE & FLIGHT TIME - 100 Meters / Up to 10 Minutes, 720p Real Time FPV (First Person View) Great Drone For Beginners. Also Includes Advanced Remote Control Technology, NO SMARTPHONE REQUIRED, Out of range alarm, emergency landing function, and low battery alarm will keep the pilot and your Altair drone safe.
- ✅Great Drone Gift for beginners, kids & all skill levels - 3 Flight Skill Levels: 1 – (Great Drone For Kids & Beginners), 2 – Mid Level, 3 – Advanced, Comes with Bonus Battery for extra flight time. USA based Small Business in Nebraska - We Ship International Select "Seller-Fulfilled Shipping At Checkout"
Syma X5C Explorers Quadcopter
The Syma X5C Explorers Quadcopter is fitted with an HD camera, making it one of the few toy drones with a camera of this quality at such a low price point. Between the low price and how well it works as a practice drone, the Syma X5C makes a great drone for someone just learning how to fly.
Read our full review of the Syma X5C Explorers Quadcopter.
- Equipped with HD camera.
- Perform flips at the press of a button with 360 degree eversion, Wind resistant and can be flown indoors or outdoors
- 6-axis Gyro stabilization system ensures maximum stability during flight
- 7 Minute flight time and 100 minute charge time.
- Kindly refer the User manual for troubleshooting steps.
AirHogs Star Wars Millennium Falcon Quad
The AirHogs Star Wars Millennium Falcon Drone is a small replica of Han Solo’s famous ship, complete with authentic sound effects and LED lights to mimic the real ship. It uses four concealed rotors to fly just like the original Millennium Falcon, and the guarded rotors also make it safer for kids.
Read our full review of the AirHogs Star Wars Millenium Falcon Quad.
- Now you can fly the most iconic ship in the Star Wars universe: the Millennium Falcon Quad with iconic LED lights and authentic sounds!
- The Millennium Falcon uses 4 rotors concealed on the body of the ship for agile, space-like flight!
- Its 2.4Ghz communication lets you control the Millennium Falcon up to 200 feet away! Activates its hyper-drive stunt with the push of a button!
- The Millennium Falcon is for star fighters aged 8+. 6 x AA batteries required for operation. For indoors and outdoors use.
- Includes: 1 Millennium Falcon Quad, 1 Remote Control, 1 Instruction Guide
AirHogs Star Trek USS Enterprise Drone
Another great toy drone from AirHogs, this one is for anyone who prefers Star Trek. When it flies, the AirHogs Star Trek USS Enterprise Drone has LED lights and 10 authentic Star Trek sounds, including a phaser sound effect. Super fans are sure to be impressed by the level of detail on this drone.
Read our full review of the AirHogs Star Trek USS Enterprise Drone.
- Pilot the Starship Enterprise, complete with 10 authentic sounds and lights.
- 2.4Ghz remote communication for precise, long-distance control.
- Star Trek U.S.S. Enterprise RC is for ages 10+. Requires 4 AA batteries (not included).
Tips on Finding a Good Drone for Your Children
Choose one of the these drones from our list, or look for the drone with the right qualities and safety features for your child. Is your child ready for a drone? Consider their safety first and go over the rules of flying before giving them a kids drone!
Last update on 2021-08-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API