Apple has recently created the ability to fast charge iPhones, reducing the amount of time you need to spend waiting for your phone to charge. Fast charging is available on iPhones 8 and newer, but the phones don’t come with the necessary tools to fast charge – they have to be purchased separately.
Still, many tech reviewers have concluded that the extra money spend on fast chargers is well worth the time saved. With fast charging, your phone battery can increase 50% in only 30 minutes.
- 1 Best USB-C to Lightning Cables
- 2 Best USB-C PD Chargers
- 3 Final Thoughts on Fast Chargers
- 4 Fast Charging iPhones: How It Works
Best USB-C to Lightning Cables
These are the Best iPhone Fast Chargers:
Apple USB-C-to-Lightning Cable
If you’re already at the Apple store, why not pick up their USB-C-to-Lightning Cable? Since this product is made by Apple, you can be sure that it’s also compatible with their iPhone products. The cable comes the classic white associated with other Apple products, like their AirPods.
On Amazon, this lightning cable comes in either 1 meter or 2 meters in length, so even at a distance, you can use your phone while keeping it plugged into the wall. Purchase the 1 meter long cable for under $20, or buy the 2 meter long cable for $33. This lightning cable is pricer than some other models, but you can expect high prices and high quality with Apple.
With fast charge, this lightning cable can charge your iPhone in around an hour. Besides your iPhone, this lightning cable is also compatible with MacBooks and MacBook Pros.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with Lightning connector to your USB-C or Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) enabled Mac for syncing and charging.
- You can also use this cable with your Apple 29W, 61W, or 87W USB-C Power Adapter to charge your iOS device, and even take advantage of the fast-charging feature on iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X. Reversible design
- Compatible with the following computers: 12-inch MacBook, 13-inch MacBook Pro - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 15-inch MacBook Pro - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 21.5-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C), 27-inch iMac - Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C); iMac Pro
Anker PowerLine Lightning Cable
Anker makes a variety of tech products that are perfect for keeping your phone’s battery life up, so it’s no surprise that the company also has a powerful lightning cable. This lightning cable is extra durable since it’s made out of bulletproof fiber. One of the most frustrating things about cables is fraying, but you don’t need to be concerned about frayed cables and exposed wires with Anker.
The PowerLine cable lasts five times as long as other cables and is five times stronger. The jack and sheath connection point is a weak spot on cables, but Anker’s one step ahead of the game. Through precision laser welding, the PowerLine’s connection point remains sturdy and put together.
The PowerLine comes in either 1 foot or 3 feet lengths, but the price for either length is about $10. This is half of the price of Apple’s lightning cable with many of the same benefits. If you think you might get your PowerLine mixed up with someone else’s or just want a pop of color, then choose from the blue or red options. Plus, your purchase comes with an 18-month warranty.
- The Anker Advantage: Join the 30 million+ powered by our leading technology.
- Ultra-durable: bulletproof fiber resists fraying and other Damage.
- High-speed charging: Wide-diameter wires and reduced cord resistance maximize charge speed.
- Flexible connectors: new extended, flexible connectors resist breakage for superior durability.
- What you get: Power line Lightning, hook and loop cable tie, our worry-free 18-month, and friendly customer service.
UGreen USB-C-to-Lightning Cable
Since UGreen’s lightning cable is MFi-certified, you can be certain that it works with Apple devices like your iPhone. If you’re looking for a more affordable cable for your iPhone, this could be the one. At $13.44, this is slightly cheaper than Apple’s lightning charger. This cable is 1 meter long, and it’s tested for bending.
The cable bends without breaking, and it’s long-lasting and strong. Aside from charging, you can also use this cable for transferring data. UGreen’s cable charges your phone quickly and transfers data speedily. You can expect a 1 GB file to be transferred in under 30 seconds. The cable comes in two color options: white or black.
- Quality: Apple-MFi certification with a compact & constructive design, strictly quality testing, It delivers a high-speed charge up to 3A (max) with the USB-C PD charger, to charge an iPhone X from 0% to 50% in 30 mins
- Connector: USB C to Lightning cable was produced by C94 (Apple PD Quick-Charge), and it supports a rapid charge up to 3A (max)
- Compatible: For iPad Pro 12.9" / 10.5", iPhone 11 / 11 Pro / 11 Pro Max / XS Max / XS / XR / X / 8 Plus / 8, For Apple MacBook 12" 2015 / 2016, MacBook Pro 13" 15" 2017/2018, New MacBook Air, iMac 21.5", iMac 27", iMac Pro Google Chromebook Pixel, Huawei MateBook X Pro / 13 Xiaomi Notebook Air / Pro Dell XPS 13 / 15 HP EliteBook Folio G1 ThinkPad X1
- Data Transfer: Apart from supporting fast charging, this USB type c to lightning cable also supports data transfer between your iPhone and USB-C laptop or desktop. The data transfer rates up to 480Mbps. 1G large files will be finished in 25s
- Multi-Function Cable: UGREEN's cable includes built-in overvoltage protection and is tested for up 15,000 bends, making it a durable product, made from original Apple chips provides a secure and stable voltage
Best USB-C PD Chargers
Anker 30W USB-C PD Charger
Anker has a great lightning cable in addition to a phenomenal charger. Pair these two together for the optimal fast charge. Not only can this charger work for phones, it also charges your laptops and tablets seamlessly, which just goes to show exactly how powerful this charger is.
One of the benefits of this charger is its size. It’s small, so you can slip it in your bag and take it with you while you’re on the go. The plug is foldable, making it more compact and slimmer for travel. The black charger stays glossy and doesn’t scratch easily, and the charger also has protective features to ensure that you stay safe while handling your charger and devices.
Although this charger works with fast charge, you can’t use it with Qualcomm Quick Charge. Despite this downside, it wouldn’t affect charging when it comes to an iPhone. To fast charge your iPhone, all you need to do is plug it directly into the Anker charger.
- Advanced USB technology: USB C and power delivery enable faster charging for more powerful devices. Charge laptops, phones, tablets and more At full 30W speed
- Premium build: Hard-wearing matte exterior, high-gloss detailing and the cool-blue USB port provide a sleek look and soft lighting
- Travel ready: foldable plug and compact size Ensure maximum portability wherever you want to go
- After connecting to iPhone (8/8 Plus/x), fast charging (9V) will begin automatically, Regardless of whether you hear one charging indicator sound or two
- What’s you get: Anker power port Speed 1 USB C with power delivery, welcome Guide, our worry-free 18-month and friendly customer service.
Fuse Chicken Universal Charger
For the perfect charger for all situations, pick the Fuse Chicken Universal Charger. Though it’s certainly much more expensive than the Anker charger, it’s also much more diverse in its use. This won’t fast charge all phones, but it should work with your iPhone. This charger includes a ports for USB Type C and USB Type A cables.
There are plenty of fantastic travel adapters on the market, and the Fuse Chicken Universal Charger is perfect for the world traveler. The Fuse Chicken Universal Charger includes adapters for the United States, European Union, United Kingdom, and Australia. Like with the Anker charger, the plug folds in and out.
Although wireless chargers aren’t the fastest method for charging your phone, you can use this universal charger to wireless charge if you have more time. The wireless charging capabilities are compatible with the iPhone 8 and up as well as the Samsung Galaxy S8 and newer.
- 10W Wireless Fast Charge
- 6700mAh Powerbank
- World Travel Adapters for US, EU, UK, AU
- 2.4A USB Type-C and USB-A
- Simultaneous Priority Multi-Charge
Aukey 27W USB-C PD Car Charger
In some fast charging situations, you might not be able to plug your phone into the wall. If you ever need to quickly charge your phone while you’re traveling to your next destination, use Aukey’s car charger. Not all car chargers are optimized for fast charge, but since this is a USB-C PD charger, fast charge is no issue.
This car charger is nearly as good as one that plugs into your wall, so it’ll give your phone the juice it needs for the rest of the day. This charger also has dual device charging, which means you can charge your laptop or tablet along with your phone. Some phones tend to heat up as they charge, but Aukey’s car charger includes safety features that prevent overheating or overcharging.
With your purchase, you get a 45-day money back guarantee and a 24-month product replacement warranty, so you can contact Aukey if there’s anything wrong with your device. However, it’s most likely you’ll just be able to fast charge in your car with no problems! Pair this with a cell phone holder for cars to keep your device safe and your eyes on the road.
- 【Fast Car Charger for iPhone】USB-C Power Delivery port with up to 27W Power Delivery efficiently charges iPhones (iPhone 8 Plus and newer) and other compatible devices faster
- 【Safety Features】Built-in safeguards protect your devices against excessive current, overheating, and overcharging
- 【Dual Device Charging】A powerful USB car charger that simultaneously charges a USB-C smartphone and a tablet at full speed with USB Power Delivery and AUKEY AiPower Adaptive Charging Technology
- 【Wide Compatibility】Works with most USB-C and USB-A powered devices including Android & Apple smartphones, tablets, and notebook computers
- 【Package Contents】AUKEY CC-Y7 USB C Car Charger, User Manual, 45-Day Money Back Guarantee and 24-Month Product Replacement Warranty Card
Final Thoughts on Fast Chargers
Fast charge abilities are a newer feature on phones, but it’s quickly becoming more and more desirable. Ultimately, fast charging provides a significant benefit to prolong battery life and recharge your phone in a short period of time. You can also keep your phone charged with a battery charging case.
When using fast charge, be sure to purchase the correct cables and chargers so you can properly take advantage of this feature. Buying from Apple ensures that you have compatible products to fast charge your iPhone, but there are still other high-quality options when it comes to chargers.
Fast Charging iPhones: How It Works
To fast charge your iPhone, you will need two things: a USB-C PD charger, and a USB-C to Lightning cable. We’ll explain.
The charger that iPhones come with is a 5 watt charging box and USB to Lightning cable. The Lightning cable is just the standard iPhone charger. A USB-C charger is the advanced version of a USB cord that is capable of transmitting power faster. Since the normal iPhone charger has a USB-A on the end that plugs into the cube, you’ll need a USB-C to Lightning cable.
That cable will then plug into a USB-C PD charger. “PD” stands for power delivery. These chargers have a higher wattage, and you can get one at 29W, 30W, 61W, or 87W. Your phone can only handle 30W of power at a time though, so go for a 29 or 30 watt option.
With the power charger and the USB-C cable that can transmit the power to your iPhone, you can charge your phone much faster than normal.
For more great products, check out these phone accessories:
Last update on 2020-08-08 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API