If you’re going abroad, there are many things you’ll need to pack: passports, foreign currency, etc. One necessity when traveling to another country is a travel adapter so that you can use your electronic devices. The best travel adapters fit in various countries, so you can use the same one for most international trips!
Different countries have different outlet shapes and even voltages. When you’re traveling abroad, it’s important to research and purchase the right kind of plug so that you can keep your devices charged. A travel adapter makes it easy to use your existing chargers and other plugged in devices while you’re abroad.
- 1 Top 5 Travel Adapters
- 2 Travel Adapter Reviews
- 2.1 Epicka Universal Travel Adapter
- 2.2 BESTEK Universal Travel Adapter 220V to 110V Voltage Converter
- 2.3 Ceptics International Worldwide Travel Plug Adapter 5 Piece Set
- 2.4 GR-8 Power Compact & Slim Travel Charging Station
- 2.5 Bonazza All in ONE World Travel Power Plug Adapter 2000 Watts Voltage Converter
- 3 What Travel Adapter Do I Need?
- 4 Final Thoughts on International Travel Adapters
Top 5 Travel Adapters
We’ve compiled the best universal travel adapters on the market, so you can find the right pick for your next trip abroad. These international travel adapters work across the globe so that you can use them again and again in your travels.
These Are the Best Travel Plug Adapters:
- Epicka Universal Travel Adapter
- BESTEK Universal Travel Adapter 220V to 110V Voltage Converter
- Ceptics International Worldwide Travel Plug Adapter 5 Piece Set
- GR-8 Power Compact & Slim Travel Charging Station
- Bonazza All in ONE World Travel Plug Power Adapter
Epicka Universal Travel Adapter
The Epicka Universal Travel Adapter works in over 150 countries across the globe, covering the US, UK, EU, and Australian outlets. This travel adapter will work in most countries, although you should always double check your destination’s outlets before traveling.
This adapter is the best overall for having the four most common plugs, but also because it has multiple ports for charging. It has four standard USB-A ports, one USB-C port, and one AC socket, so it can charge up to six devices at once. It has also been called the fastest of the travel converters, charging devices faster while still maintaining their safety.
This product is safety certified with an 8A Overload Dual Fuse, safety shutters, and a plug lock system. It is ROHS, CE, and FC Certified. It also comes with a 30-day money back guarantee and a 1-year limited warranty.
- 【WORLDWIDE ADAPTER】- All in one world multi function Travel Adapter covers more than 150 countries with US/EU/AU/UK plugs, Solution for your worldwide traveling.
- 【SMART FAST CHARGING】- 4 USB Ports, 1 USB TYPE C and 1 AC Socket to charge 6 devices simultaneously with high speed. Max Power 880W at 110Vac 1840W at 230Vac.
- 【APPLICABLE MULTIPLE DEVICES】- Compatible with all USB Devices like IPhone X/8/7/6, Samsung S8/S7, XiaoMi Mix2, HUAWEI Mate 10, MeiZu, Tablet, Digital Cameras and so on.
- 【SAFETY CERTIFIED】- 8A Overload Dual Fuse, Safety Shutters, Plug Lock System, ROHS, CE and FC Certified which guarantee safety. NOT CONVERT electrical output current and voltage.
- 【SATISFACTION SERVICE】- 30-Day Money-Back and 1-Year Limited Service. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.We will offer you satisfactory solution and we will reply you within 24 hours.
BESTEK Universal Travel Adapter 220V to 110V Voltage Converter
Best Adapter/Converter Combo
Bestek’s Universal Travel Adapter features the four most common plugs, able to charge your devices in over 150 countries worldwide. It also functions as a converter to adjust for 110V devices, and is optimized for smaller devices that charge under 250 watts.
The Bestek Universal Travel Adapter and Voltage Converter can charge up to seven devices at once, with 4 USB ports and 3 AC sockets. It safely charges all of these devices due to its voltage-coverting technology, as well as over-current, over-load, over-heat, and short-circuit protections.
This charger also comes with a 24-month warranty and safety is guaranteed. It is not safe, however, for higher wattage devices like hair dryers and straighteners, coffee makers, or other high power appliances.
- BESTEK Converter for 110V Devices: Patented technology converts voltage in different countries including Australia (100-240V, 50/60Hz) to US/Japan voltage (110V, 60Hz), ideal for charging all kinds of devices
- 24-month Warranty & Safety Guaranteed: NRTL safety tested and upgraded hardware provides complete protection for you and your devices. Comes with over-current, over-load, over-heat and short-circuit protections
- Worldwide Use: 1 EU power cable and 3 international adapters (US/UK/AU plug) support outlets in Australia, North America, United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Japan, China, more than 150 countries all over the world
- Travel Design: Compact size (6x3x1.57 inches) with 5 foot detachable power cable makes this power converter easy to pack and take anywhere you go
- Charges 7 Devices Simultaneously: 4 USB charging ports with a combined 6A output, 3 AC sockets support Max 250W power. [*Note: USB outputs are completely isolated from the AC power to prevent all your devices from being damaged]
Ceptics International Worldwide Travel Plug Adapter 5 Piece Set
Best Lightweight Plug Adapters
Ceptics International Worldwide Travel Plug Adapters are as small as they probably could be, making them convenient for anyone packing light. They include the standard four most common plugs as well as a less common European option, so they will work in over 150 countries.
These plug adaptors are great if you only want to charge one device at once, and their compact design makes them ideal for travelers looking to save space in their bags. They come with a travel case to keep them all together.
It should be noted that these adapters are not voltage converters, and should only be used with dual voltage devices or if you’ve confirmed that the outlet’s voltage matches that of your device. This is an especially affordable option, as well as a reliable adapter for most foreign outlets.
We recommend the Ceptics 5 Piece Set for most travelers, but they also make a 12 piece set that is even more comprehensive for world travelers visiting countries with uncommon outlets.
- Set includes five Ceptics high quality polarized adapter plugs and each labeled with country or region
- Works in the Countries including Armenia / Austria / Azerbaijan / the Azores / the Balearic Islands / Belarus / Belgium / Bosnia-Herzegovina / Bulgaria / Croatia / the Czech Republic / Denmark / Estonia / Finland / France / Georgia / Germany / Greece / Hungary / Iceland / Italy / Kazakhstan / Kyrgyzstan / Latvia / Lithuania / Luxembourg / Macedonia / Moldova / Monaco / Montenegro / the Netherlands / Norway / Poland / Portugal / Romania
- Bahrain / Belize / Botswana / Brunei / Cyprus / Dominica / England / Ghana / Gibraltar / Grenada / Hong Kong / Iraq / Ireland / Kenya / Macau / Malta / Malaysia / Nigeria / Nothern Ireland / Oman / Qatar / Saint Lucia / Saint Vincent / Saudi Arabia / Scotland / Singapore / Sri Lanka / Tanzania / Uganda / the United Arab Emirates / Wales / Yemen / Zimbabwe
- American Samoa / Argentina / Australia / China / Cook Islands / Fiji / Gilbert Islands / New Hebrides / New Zealand / Papua / New Guinea / Soloman Islands / Tasmania / Tonga / Tuvalu / Uruguay / Western Samoa
- For international use with dual voltage appliances, Note: These adapters do NOT convert voltage. Accepts two prong US polarized or standard US plugs Set includes a convenient travel pouch
GR-8 Power Compact & Slim Travel Charging Station
Best Travel Power Strip
The GR-8 Power Compact & Slim Travel Charging Station has the four most common plugs, so it will work in most countries – over 150 worldwide. This is a great option for those in need of multiple outlets or who expect to find limited outlet space where they are staying.
This power strip has four USB-A ports and four AC outlets, so it can charge up to eight devices at once. It is not a voltage converter, so ensure that whatever you plug in is a dual voltage device or matches the outlet’s voltage. It can handle currents from 100-250V, and safety features and a surge suppresser makes it safe to charge multiple devices without overload.
The GR-8 Power Compact & Slim Travel Charging Station is FCC and ROHS certified for safety, and the grounded outelts are protected against surges, spikes, and voltage fluctuations.
- $19 BONUS FREE INCLUDED: Now with 8 High Quality International Adapters (UK/AU/JP/EU/IN/IT/AF/IS) so you can charge all your electronics with ease on your next adventure or in your Home. Reduce mess and clutter by having a Combo Solution. No to cheap travel adapters! Best International travel surge protector.
- NOT JUST SLIMMER BUT SMARTER: 1.15” super THIN & COMPACT travel charging station, much smaller than any other BULKY competitor and also smarter with 4 Intelligent USB that detects your device most optimal current, be it a smartphone or tablet or Android, Apple iOS, and Windows Mobile Devices. It will always charge it the fastest and safest way possible. No more guessing the type of the USB port. From 1A to 2.4A max individually, up to total 4A combined.
- 4 AC MULTI-OUTLET WITH SURGE PROTECTOR: Power strip with 4.67’ extended Power Cord with Reusable Velcro Organizer. Big gaps between outlets so you can really use all 4 outlets even with bulky adapters. NOT A VOLTAGE CONVERTER.
- SAFE & RELIABLE: Top Notch Fire Resistant PC Material, FCC, RoHS Certified, 100% copper wire with overload protection up to 1,700 Joule. Rubber grips on the bottom hold the main unit in place, avoiding any slippery damages.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with the GR-8 Power, you can return the product and we will issue you a FULL REFUND or exchange.
Bonazza All in ONE World Travel Power Plug Adapter 2000 Watts Voltage Converter
Best for High Wattage Devices
The Bonazza travel adapter works in over 150 of the world’s most visited countries, with the same common plugs as most universal adapters. It is also a voltage converter, and can adjust foreign voltage from 220-240 to 110-120 volts for American devices.
This adapter has a single AC outlet and no USB ports, so you can only charge one device at once. It has 2000W capability, however, so you can use higher powered electronics with this converter/adapter. For high power items like hair dryers, curling irons, irons, and more, this is the adapter to use.
The Bonazza All in ONE adapter and converter has over-current, high-temperature, short-circuit, and surge protection safety features to protect your devices from damage.
- Travel adapter do not convert the voltage, OURS DO！ BONAZZA travel adapter converter combo is the smallest and lightest to date for use with U.S. and Canada Electric Products abroad like hair dryers, steam irons, electric kettle, laptop, iPhone, MacBook etc.
- This travel converter and adapter combo is 2000 watts max. Adaptor mode for DUAL VOLTAGE (110-220V, 100-240V) devices, such as iPhone charger, iPad charger, Laptop, MAC. Converter mode to convert the foreign electricity from 220-240V to 110-120V for single US voltage Electric Products.
- Very Safe: comes with LED power indicator, plug lock system, over-current (overload), high-temperature, short-circuit and surge protection built-in.
- Easy to use, all in one adapter and converter combo (UK/US/AU/EU Plug) that fits electrical outlets in most commonly visited countries, over 150 countries like Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, Italy, Israel, Turkey, Greece, Croatia, Australia, New Zealand, Philippines, Fiji, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Vietnam, Mongolia, India, Indonesia, Middle East, South Africa, Ghana, Botswana, etc.
- Please read the introduction and description carefully before using this product. Unconditional lifetime warranty without any other costs needed.
What Travel Adapter Do I Need?
Depending on where you’re traveling, it’s possible that the outlets are different from the ones in your country of origin. Different countries often also have different voltages; in the United States, most outlets are at 110-120 volts, whereas in many countries in Europe they function at 200-240 volts. Most modern devices can function with dual voltage, so you’ll only need a travel adapter, not a voltage converter, but check before to ensure that you don’t damage the device.
There are about 15 total types of outlets around the world, but most countries use one of the main four. These four are generally provided in most “universal” chargers, but research the country you are traveling to first to ensure that it doesn’t take a more unique plug.
Final Thoughts on International Travel Adapters
Wherever your travels take you, make sure that you can charge and use your devices abroad. Research the countries you’re visiting before you go, and try these international travel adapters to keep your devices fully charged while you travel the world. Use the best travel adapters from our list and enjoy your trip!
Last update on 2021-02-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API