With all the devices we use in everyday life, it’s likely that you have a power strip or two around your home to ensure there are plenty of outlets to keep your devices plugged in and charged. Traditional power strips are a convenient and fairly inexpensive option, but it’s worth investing in a smart power strip.
The best power strips detect when your devices go into standby mode, which means that your devices are idle. When your phone or laptop is in standby or sleep mode, a smart power strip will stop power to the device. A traditional power strip continues to draw energy, so in the long run, switching to a smart power strip helps you reduce your energy use and lower your bills.
Each power strip has different advantages and disadvantages, so check out our top power strips.
Top 10 Power Strips
Here are the best power strips to purchase this year. Each power strip has great qualities, and there’s a range of prices that will fit your budget. Keep in mind that many power strips connect to 2.4G WiFi, not 5G WiFi.
These are the Best Smart Power Strips:
- APC Smart Plug
- Kasa Smart WiFi Power Strip by TP-Link
- POWRUI Smart Power Strip
- Gosund Smart Power Strip
- HaiFen Smart Power Strip
- AHRISE Power Strip
- Monoprice Wireless Smart Power Strip
- LARKKEY Smart Power Strip
- Jadada WiFi Smart Power Strip
- LINGANZH Smart Power Strip
APC Smart Plug
The APC Smart Plug has six outlets, and three of them are smart outlets. The power strip also has four USB ports in total, and two of them are smart ports. The Smart Surge in the APC Plug supports up to 15 amps for all the devices that are plugged in. With the APC Smart Plug, you can schedule devices and electronics to turn on and off when they’re connected to the smart outlets with the help of an app. This product comes with a lifetime warranty as well as a protection policy for connection equipment.
- 2160 Joules of surge protection
- Convenient scheduling features
- Compatible with Amazon’s Alexa or APC’s own app
- Simple to connect and control
- Not currently compatible with Google Home
- Not water resistant or recommended for use outdoors
This is a great power strip, but keep in mind that not all of the outlets are smart outlets. If you’re looking for smart outlets, make sure that you have the option selected when buying on Amazon.
- 5 WiFi smart plugs: 3 surge protected smart outlets, plus 2 smart USB charger ports (2.4A shared) that can be independently controlled by Alexa or the APC Home app
- 3 standard surge protector outlets, and 2 standard USB charging ports (2.4A shared)
- 2160 Joules of surge protection (inlcudes UL certification) to guard connected electronics from the most powerful surges
- Alexa smart plug voice control or access the smart plugs from your phone via the free APC Home app, and control from anywhere (WiFi required, but no hub needed)
- Scheduling: Devices connected to the wifi outlet, such as lighting, small household devices and other electronics, can be scheduled to turn on or turn off automatically via the apc home app, available from the Apple app and Google play stores
Kasa Smart WiFi Power Strip by TP-Link
This power strip by TP-Link includes six outlets, all of which are smart outlets. Additionally, there are three places where you can plug in USB ports, so you’ll be able to connect multiple devices, from your laptop and phone to lamps and appliances. The ETL certified surge protection that comes with this product means that you won’t have to worry about any issues when there are strong storms or any other causes of a serious power surge.
All you need to get this power strip up and running is the strip itself, a secure wireless network, and the Kasa app downloaded on your phone— no additional hub required. Like the other best power strips, you’ll be able to schedule outlets to power on and off through your app. With the Kasa app, you can also track the amount of energy each outlet consumes. The Kasa Smart WiFi power strip comes in a sleek and basic white color.
- Voice control abilities with many digital assistants, including Alexa, Google Assistant, and Cortana
- Control electronics anywhere, from home to the office
- The plug is designed to save space
- Convenience when it comes to control and monitoring energy
- On the pricier end of power strips, but high quality
If you want a power strip full of smart outlets, this could be the perfect product for you. While you’ll need to splurge a bit more for the Kasa Smart WiFi power strip, it has so many outlets that you’ll soon be getting your money’s worth – especially using the information on power usage.
- 6 smart outlets: Independently control 6 smart outlets, and charge 3 devices with built in USB ports; Ideal for controlling electronics in your home, home office, or small business
- Surge protection: ETL certified surge protection shields sensitive electronics and appliances from sudden power surges that can occur during weather storms and cause irreparable damage
- Energy monitoring : Monitor how much energy devices connected to the power strip consume; Check on each one from your Kasa smart app and turn off ones that are using too much power
- Control from anywhere: Control connected devices from anywhere with the Kasa Smart app. Power up your office remotely and even your holiday lights from the app
- Voice control: Remotely control your smart plug and use voice commands with Alexa, Google Assistant, or MicroSoft Cortana. Plug type:3-prong plug
POWRUI Smart Power Strip
With four smart outlets and four USB ports, POWRUI’s power strip is compact while delivering enough charge and power for all your devices in your home or office. Control the power strip using voice commands and control through Alexa and Google Home. If you’re concerned about security and liability, this power strip is the way to go: the material is strong, durable, and fire-resistant. Plus, there is a one year replacement warranty, and the customer service team is always ready to address any issues.
This power strip also has a surge protector, and with your purchase, you’ll have access to an app that allows you to set schedules and timers for your devices that are plugged into the strip. Setting up the power strip is quick and easy.
- Charges devices quickly
- Product is small and can fit under your desk without taking up too much room
- High-level surge protector that goes above and beyond
- USB ports can’t be controlled with the app, must control manually
For users who are new to smart power strips, this is a good place to start. This particular power strip isn’t too expensive, but it still offers all the qualities of the best power strips, from the outlets to timers and voice control. This strip has many USB ports, so if you plan to use those more often than the outlets, this power strip should definitely be on your shortlist.
- Multi-function smart power strip: 4 USB charging ports (total output DC 5V/4.8A 24W), 4 smart plug with built-in surge protector control by one to one button, the 4 AC outlets works with Alexa Google Assistant for Voice Control, Remote Control Your Home appliances from Anywhere, 4 USB ports are not just for decoration, they have total DC 5V/4.8A output, providing fast charging for your devices. NOTE: the USB ports will be on once the outlet is plugged in, they are not controlled by the app.
- Set Schedule & Timer with APP Control : Remote Control Your Home appliances from Anywhere, Schedule the Smart Plug to automatically power electronics on and off as needed, like setting lights to come on at dusk or turn off at sunrise. You can create a group for all of your smart devices and control them all with just one command. With the countdown timer feature, simply set a timer for the Smart Plug to turn off its appliance automatically. Each of the plugs can be controlled by the App separ
- Voice Control with Alexa & Google Home: Compatible with Amazon Alexa, Google home assistant , control your home appliances with the smart plug by simply giving voice commands to Alexa or Google Assistant.
- Surge Protector & Overload protection switch: POWRUI 3 level complementary Surge Protector Circuit which composed of TVS (transient voltage suppressor), MOV (metal oxide varistor), GDT (gas discharge tube), with minimum 1080J energy absorbing capacity, could protect your devices much more quickly, Lighted power switch with integrated 13-Amp circuit breaker, self-protected when the power strip get overload and automatically protect your device reliably.
- Our Support Guarantee: Our friendly and reliable customer service will respond to you within 24 hours. You can purchase with confidence, with our 30-day money back guarantee and 12-month replacement warranty.
Gosund Smart Power Strip
For a small and lightweight power strip that will squeeze into any space, check out the Gosund Smart Power Strip. This power strip has three smart outlets and three ports for any USB devices. It comes with all the abilities and advantages of a typical power strip, including an app that allows you to control the strip remotely, set timers to turn outlets on and off, and voice control with Alexa and Google Assistant.
Surge protection is always important, and you won’t have to worry about this with the Gosund power strip. When any electric current is above the threshold, the circuit breaker automatically breaks off and resolves any issues. If there are any problems with the quality or function of the device, contact customer service to ask about the two-year warranty.
- Small and compact, easy to transport from home to the office
- Works with device sharing
- Easy to install and coordinate with the app
- Cheaper than many power strips
- Only has three outlets and three USB ports
This is an ideal power strip for beginners or consumers who are unsure if they want smart outlets. It’s affordable, and you’ll be able to toss it into a bag if you want to bring it back and forth from home and the office. However, if you’re looking for many outlets, look for another power strip, like the Kasa power strip.
No products found.
HaiFen Smart Power Strip
With this power strip from HaiFen, you’ll be able to plug multiple devices into the four devices. There are four USB ports that you control as one unit. However, you have control over each individual smart outlets. You can set timers so certain devices spot charging, and you can use voice control with Google Home or Amazon Alexa.
The power cable is coated with high-quality materials to ensure that power surge capabilities are working well. HaiFen’s power strip also has a number of safety certifications to ensure that this product is functioning at its best. Make sure to download the Smart Life App from the Apple App Store or Google Play in order to access any information regarding the power strip remotely and set timers and controls for each outlet.
- Good, mid-sized power strip
- Strong safety certifications and ABS plastic material
- Cannot control USB ports individually
This power strip is an excellent selection for any user. It’s not too pricey while still offering plenty of spots to plug in many devices and top-grade safety certifications.
AHRISE Power Strip
For under $30, the AHRISE power strip comes with eight outlets and four USB ports. Only four of the outlets are smart outlets, but a few extra outlets can come in handy if you have many devices that you want to use and need charged at once. When the power strip is plugged in, the four traditional outlets and all of the USB ports are on, but you have control over the smart outlets, whether you want to turn off the outlets at night or have them turn on first thing in the morning. The outlets are compatible with Google Home and Alexa, so voice control is an additional convenience.
- Many outlets and USB ports
- Long cord length (6 feet)
- Good warranty and replacement plan
- Multiple security protection
- Not all outlets are smart
For a power strip with enough outlets to plug in all your devices, the AHRISE power strip is one of the best purchases you can make. Just keep in mind that only four out of the eight outlets are smart outlets! Still, you’ll be able to track energy and enjoy all the benefits of smart plugs with some extra outlets thrown in.
No products found.
Monoprice Wireless Smart Power Strip
One quality that makes the Monoprice power strip a great purchase is its scene control ability. With this feature, you can use one command to control multiple home devices. If you already have several smart devices, consider adding this power strip to your lineup as well. This power strip works with Alexa and Google Home. Other qualities of this power strip include remote monitoring in addition to timer and scheduling features. There are four smart outlets and two USB ports for your electronics and devices.
If you’re looking for a single smart outlet to plug directly into the wall, Monoprice also offers a wall outlet, wall plug, and wall tap. These products give you many of the same benefits as the other best power strips, but the power strip does give you more outlets for a similar price.
- Straightforward setup with STITCH installation
- Scene control
- Convenient master switch for more control
- Limited number of USB ports
- Cord length is fairly short, 1.5 feet long
For those who have a smart home and multiple smart devices, this is the power strip for you! Scene control is a major benefit, and this power strip provides all the other basic functions consumers typically look for in this type of device.
- 24/7 Remote monitoring: monitor and control your appliances and devices directly from your smartphone or tablet from anywhere in the world, At any time. Gain peace of mind by knowing whether your devices are on or off
- Timer controls: the scheduling feature allows you to set a timer or schedule to turn your devices on or off at particular times of the day, allowing you to save energy and keeping your home looking occupied when you are away. The plug supports the full 1875 watts/15 Amps capacity of the NEMA 5-15 standard with the addition of 2.1 Amps of total USB charging power. A convenient Master power switch allows you to manually power the plug and all connected devices on or off at any time
- Scene control: Use scene control to program your routine, allowing you to control one or more smart home devices with a single command or trigger. Whether it's to turn off the lights during a particular time of day or to turn on the fan whenever the temperature is above 80, a scene automates the actions of your smart home devices to make your life more enjoyable
- Easy setup and stitch installation: download the free Android or iOS stitch app, add the device, pair it with your home wireless network, and you're done! No hub or gateway is required!
- Applications: set a timer or a schedule to conveniently turn on and off your devices, providing you peace of mind and saving you time, energy, and money
LARKKEY Smart Power Strip
This power strip works with two apps: LARKKEY and Smart Life. Using the app, you can control and monitor power use of each individual smart outlet. This power strip has four smart outlets and four USB ports for all your applications and devices. There’s thick strip-surge protection in addition to an overload protection switch, and FCC certifications for safety. Along with device sharing abilities and voice control with Alexa and Google Home, this power strip fills all the key components of a high-quality power strip.
- Multiple safety features and certifications
- Can share device with other family members
- Long cord length
- USB ports can only be controlled as a unit, not individually
This power strip is very similar to the one from Jadada, and both are some of the top-rated power strips on the market. The Jadada power strip and LARKKEY power strip are ideal purchases for anyone concerned with safety or high-quality materials.
Jadada WiFi Smart Power Strip
With this power strip, you get four high-functioning smart outlets and four USB ports. Once you download the Smart Life app, you can control each smart outlet using voice control with the help of a Google Home or Alexa device. Like with other power strips, you can set timers and sync your devices and applications to turn on and off according to what fits your schedule the best. This power strip is simple to use, and all these features will make your life just a bit easier.
- Many safety features and fireproof material
- Reset-able circuit breaker
- Efficient timer system
- Set up to 20 timing tasks per outlet
- USB ports can’t be controlled individually
It’s no surprise that this power strip is extremely popular on Amazon. The safety certifications are a major bonus: you can be sure that the power strip works well and any devices that are plugged in won’t short circuit.
- 🔌 VOICE CONTROL: Work with Amazon Alexa Echo and Google Home to control each of the outlets individually Via voice control after connecting the Smart Life app successfully.
- 🔌 REMOTE CONTROL: "Smart Life" app control the smart power strip with your smartphone and tablet (iOS 8.0 or above/Android 4.4 or above). You can control the power strip no matter where you are. No Hub is required, Support Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz 802.11 b/g/n wireless network and easily connect to your Wi-Fi router.
- 🔌 SCHEDULE APPLIANCES & INDEPENDENT CONTROL: Schedule your appliances turn on or off anytime to fit your intelligent life, and separately control each outlet as needed. Each smart outlet can set up to 20 timing tasks.
- 🔌 4 AC OUTLETS + 4 USB PORTS: Equipped with 4 outlets and 4 USB charging port for travel, home or office, provide a convenient power supply for home appliances such as fan, water dispenser, electric pot, TV, humidifier, light, holiday decorating lights. You never come home to a dark house. Schedule the fan to turn on before you arrive. Sync lights and devices to sunrise, or pre-set times automatically ( NOTE: the 4 Outlets can be controlled individual, 4 USB ports are controlled as a one unit)
- 🔌 SAVING USE: Made from ABS+PC fireproof material, surge protector, overload protection, over-heated protection. CE & FCC & ROHS certificates.
LINGANZH Smart Power Strip
With four smart outlets, the LINGANZH power strip has an ample amount of space for devices for a reasonable price. As with other power strips, downloading the app gives you complete control over scheduling at any range. For the LINGANZH strip, you’ll need the eFamilyCloud app. No separate hub or additional purchases are needed for proper function, and you can use voice control to turn on your lamps or start up the coffee maker in the morning. For safety issues, you can rely on surge protection, and the company offers a warranty.
- Device sharing abilities
- Very efficient charging
- No USB ports
- Outlets cannot be controlled individually using a Google Home
Another solid option, this power strip made by LINGANZH is a popular choice on Amazon. However, for Google Home users, another power strip may be a better option. You can control the smart outlets individually with the app or an Alexa device, but this feature doesn’t work with Google Homes.
- 【Voice Control】Voice control your home appliances with the smart power strip by simply giving voice commands to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant. No Hub Required, first alexa power strip need to connect to the phone app and rename before you connected it to Alexa or Google Home.
- 【Remote Control】Once this smart power strip is connected successfully, you can control your home appliances anytime,anywhere.You can remote control your indoor lights,fans, and other appliances freely.
- 【APP Control】Download Free eFamilyCloud/Tuya Smart/Smart Life App from App store or Google Play store to control the alexa power strip by your smartphone and tablet ( IOS 8 or above/Android 4.4 or above), Only support 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network. If your router cannot close 5Ghz or your phone pick 5Ghz automatically, pls kindly try to AP mode(slow mode) to connect device.
- 【Set Schedule & Energy Saving】Schedule the wifi smart power strip to automatically turn on or off your home appliances and separately control each outlet as needed. Turn on/off your indoor lights and other appliances based on specific time you set for wifi smart power strip.
- 【Safety & Quality Assurance】Wifi smart power strip advanced built-in surge protector module can prevent the damage of home appliance,and we offer 13 months for quality-related issues. For customer service, please contact us by amazon direct.
How to Use Smart Power Strips
So you’ve learned about the best WiFi power strips that include plenty of smart plugs, but what should you do with all of them? While you can use smart outlets like traditional outlets, there are certain applications where smart outlets are especially useful for.
One of the major benefits of the best power strip is being able to control times and on and off functions. With this feature, consider using a smart power strip for your morning or afternoon coffee. If you have a power strip in the kitchen, plug your slow cooker or Instant Pot into it, so you can turn the appliances on anywhere at any time of the day and come home to a warm meal.
For the holidays, you might be breaking out festive Christmas lights. Although they look gorgeous and colorful, holiday lights can also take up a lot of energy. By using a smart power strip or smart plug to control the string lights, you can turn them on and off easily. With a little bit of monitoring, it’s just a quick step to reducing your energy bill.
With the best power strips, you can save on your energy bill and reduce your environmental footprint, and there are plenty of options out there, depending on how many outlets you’ll need or your price range. If you don’t want to get a power strip, you can always start with one or two smart plugs.
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API