With the rise of electronic home products, and the ability to connect most home appliances to a smart device, the development of smart outlets has come a long way in the past year. But what are smart plugs, why do you need one, and which brand and model is best?
The best smart plugs make it easy to control a range of appliances from an app or a smart home hub. There are endless potential uses for smart outlets, as well as plenty of options in terms of brands, models, and other features.
10 Best WiFi Smart Plugs
We have compiled a list of the top ten absolute best smart outlets for the year with in-depth reviews to help you decide which one is best for you. Each plug brings something different to the table and we are confident you will be able to find the perfect fit for your smart home!
These are the Best Smart Outlets:
- TP-LINK Kasa 2-Outlet Smart Wi-Fi Plug
- Amazon Smart Plug
- Leviton DW15P-1BW Decora Smart Wi-Fi Mini Plug-In Outlet
- Kasa Smart WiFi Plug Mini by TP-Link
- eufy Smart Plug by Anker
- Currant Smart Plug WiFi Outlet
- Geeni Spot Smart Wi-Fi Plug
- iDevices Switch WiFi Smart Plug
- AUKEY Mini Wi-Fi Smart Plug with Dual Outlets
- iClever Smart Plug
TP-LINK Kasa 2-Outlet Smart Wi-Fi Plug
The TP-LINK Kasa 2-Outlet Wi-Fi Plug is a unique upgrade for a smart home. With a direct connection to your WiFi network, this plug is a quick and easy way to have full control over the electronics in your home. With just one app, features like away mode, remote control, and schedule setting are available to any user.
- Double the outlets: Control 2 devices from anywhere at the same time or individually with one smart plug; Ideal for controlling lamps in your bedroom, kitchen appliances, or even an iron in your laundry room
- Control From Anywhere: Power your dual outlet smart plug on or off, set schedules or scenes from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa smart app; Remotely turns a fan on for your pets while you’re out running errands or at the office
- Voice Control: Use simple voice commands with your smart plug and any Alexa, Google Assistant or Microsoft Cortana; You can even give each outlet a unique name and use them separately; Turn a lamp off and ask your voice assistant to turn on a fan
- Kasa scenes and schedules: Schedule the Smart plug to automatically switch on and off when away or set a scene for controlling many devices with a single button
- Note: Requires a secured 2.4 Gigahertz Wi-Fi network connection
Amazon Smart Plug
This Amazon product allows you to connect voice control with your outlets. With perfect compatibility to any Amazon device, you can easily plug and play – for instance, use it to connect your lamps to a power supply and control your lights by instructing Alexa.
No products found.
Leviton DW15P-1BW Decora Smart Wi-Fi Mini Plug-In Outlet
Created with a sleek design in mind, the DW15P-1BW is an appealing fit for any house. This plug matches the color of an outlet and is extremely small and compact, so you can control devices from your smartphone or with voice control without affecting your home’s style.
- No Hub: Control your home from anywhere via My Leviton app - simply plug it in and make it Smart.
- Capabilities: Schedule lights to adjust when you want, including sunrise/sunset, easily create lighting scenes, utilize the auto-shutoff feature and vacation (randomization) mode. Easy Wi-Fi lighting for your whole home
- Voice Control: Works with Alexa and Google Assistant voice assistants (sold separately). “Alexa, Turn table lamp on.”
- Works with: IFTTT, SmartThings, August, Alexa, Google Assistant and more.
- Very Smart: Leviton devices are truly Smart – your pre-set schedules, live inside each device, so your schedules always run as expected.
Kasa Smart WiFi Plug Mini by TP-Link
While most WiFi plugs require an additional amount of space on an existing outlet, the Kasa Mini design allows for the stacking of plugs, giving you even more functionality around your home. This option is compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Microsoft Cortana, and offers various useful features in the app.
- Control From Anywhere: Turn electronics on or off from anywhere with your smartphone using the Kasa app (Compatible w/ Android & iOS)
- Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and MicroSoft Cortana supported devices for a hands free experience
- Compact Design: Won't block the other wall outlet allowing two Smart Plugs to be installed side by side
- Kasa scenes & schedules: Schedule the Smart plug to automatically switch on and off when away or set a scene for controlling many devices with a single button
- Note: Requires a secured 2.4 GigaHertz Wi Fi network connection
eufy Smart Plug by Anker
The eufy plug is cheap and easy to hookup for any homes using Alexa or Google Home. It’s easy-to-use app makes for a painless setup and connection to any previously established devices. Additionally, it uses an energy tracker function that makes it an environmentally friendly and financially-conscious buy.
- PORTABLE POWER SWITCH: Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant compatibility, in addition to the EufyHome app, let you turn on or off plugged in devices from anywhere.
- SAVE MONEY: Track energy usage of devices and set operating schedules to eliminate unnecessary power consumption.
- NO HUB REQUIRED: Just download the EufyHome app, set up, plug in your device and use. (2.4GHz Wi-Fi network support only.)
- MINIMAL SPACE REQUIRED: Compact size supports up to 15A of power to devices and designed to keep second outlet available for use.
- WHAT YOU GET: eufy Smart Plug Mini, welcome guide, and our worry-free 18-month warranty and friendly customer service.
Currant Smart Plug WiFi Outlet
The Currant outlet is a larger product than any of the others we have seen on this list, but for good reason. This product covers an entire outlet, giving you complete control over the amount of power used in your home with energy monitoring. Lights, appliances, electronics, or fans are all enhanced through this outlet’s capabilities.
- Advanced Energy Monitoring: Currant’s real-time energy meter shows you exactly how much energy your devices use, and the Currant App (for iOS and Android) features interactive charts that display your energy usage and cost by hour, day, month, or year.
- Put Your Home on Autopilot: Create customized rules to control your smart home and turn devices on and off according to your schedule.
- Voice Control: Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home to control your devices with your voice.
- Unique Design: Includes two plugs in one and a rear plate that can switch directions to keep cords organized and out of the way.
- Safe and Secure: Highest safety ratings of any smart outlet.
Geeni Spot Smart Wi-Fi Plug
The Geeni plug has its own application to control lights or appliances, as well as compatibility with three other mobile apps, this smart outlet can be controlled anywhere, by anyone. Between physical switches, app control, or voice assistant control, this product may be one of the easiest to connect to and use.
- SMART OUTLET PLUG: The Geeni SPOT Smart Wi-Fi Outlet Plug lets you control 1 plugged in device from anywhere, at any time. Take up less space with this in-wall option that’s ideal for your living room, kitchen, even your bedroom.
- NO HUB REQUIRED: This smart plug works with your home Wi-Fi—no hub required! Simply download the Geeni app, install your outlet and connect. It also works with Alexa, Google Assistant and Microsoft Cortana.
- COMPATIBILITY: The Geeni SPOT Smart Wi-Fi Outlet Plug is only compatible with 2. 4GHz Wi-Fi networks. Installation is easy. Simply plug in your SPOT Smart outlet and plug in your device to start using!
- CONTROL FROM ANYWHERE: Using your home Wi-Fi, set a schedule or remotely control your outlet from anywhere. Give your outlet a unique name for accurate control. Too tired to get up? Ask Alexa to turn your bedroom lamps off when it’s bedtime.
- UNIVERSAL APP: The Geeni app works with all Geeni smart home devices, allowing easy control of your home from your Android or iOS smartphone. Your home, One app for all. Allow your family, neighbors, and guests to access all your Geeni Smart Home devices.
iDevices Switch WiFi Smart Plug
This iDevice product uses Bluetooth to connect to your smartphone or smart home hubs, and it compatible with various platforms. It has a compact design, the ability to set schedules, energy monitoring technology, and customizable LED lighting.
- Integrates with Apple HomeKit products and is compatible with iOS devices (iPhone 4S+, iPad mini+, iPad 3+ and iPod touch 5+) running iOS 8.0+
- Discreet and compact design includes a side facing outlet for easy positioning
- Group appliances into 'scenes' (i.e. Bedtime) for simple management using voice control with Siri
- The iDevices Switch features a customizable LED nightlight. Choose from hundreds of color options
- iDevices Connected app features customizable schedules based on your daily routine
AUKEY Mini Wi-Fi Smart Plug with Dual Outlets
The AUKEY Mini plug is one of the most compact options on the market, but compact does not mean it loses any functionality in this case. In fact, its small design is paired with a dual outlet split, which allows for more devices connected to fewer plugs. Schedule your devices with the corresponding app, or use voice control.
No products found.
iClever Smart Plug
The iClever Plug has a few things that make it a perfect product in your smart home. Its simple-to-use app covers all the basic needs of a remote control outlet while adding the ability to dim lights to help maintain a healthy sleep schedule. Secondly, this product prides itself on being compatible with 15A appliances and electronics.
What is the Best Smart Plug?
The answer to this question has a lot that goes into it. The best smart plug is going to be whichever plug can provide you with the highest level of quality and control. You want a plug that will allow you to live in your house comfortably and easily, with every function at your fingertips. The last thing you want is to add frustration to managing your own home. There are plenty of ways to use these outlets. Pick the best one for your needs!
Last update on 2022-04-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API