Do you want to take your selfie game to the next level? Selfie drones let you easily capture unforgettable moments. With one of these at your side, you can get unique angles and perspectives that are difficult to achieve with your smartphone.
Drone technology has improved over the years, but there are still some low-quality products that flood the market. Here, we’ll be reviewing the 10 best selfie drones to help you decide on the one that’s right for you.
- 1 Best Selfie Drones:
- 2 Selfie Quadcopter Reviews
- 2.1 DJI Spark
- 2.2 Eachine E61 Mini Drone
- 2.3 ZeroTech Dobby Selfie Drone
- 2.4 Yuneec Breeze
- 2.5 Holy Stone HS160 Pro Selfie Drone
- 2.6 Hover Passport
- 2.7 Kizmo K160 Portable Drone
- 2.8 JJRC H37 Elfie Drone
- 2.9 DeXop SG900 Selfie Drone
- 2.10 Contixo F22 Foldable Selfie Drone
- 3 What Should I Consider Before Buying a Selfie Drone?
- 4 Final Thoughts – Is a Selfie Drone Right for Me?
Best Selfie Drones:
- DJI Spark
- Eachine E61 Mini Drone
- ZeroTech Dobby Selfie Drone
- Yuneec Breeze
- Holy Stone HS160 Pro Selfie Drone
- Hover Passport
- Kizmo K160 Portable Drone
- JJRC H37 Elfie Drone
- DeXop SG900 Selfie Drone
- Contixo F22 Foldable Selfie Drone
Selfie Quadcopter Reviews
The DJI Spark is a high-end flying selfie camera. It grants users an average flight time of 16 minutes, which outlasts a lot of the other products on this list. The DJI Spark takes 12 MP still photos and records video in 1080p HD, so you can capture clear, crisp content every time. This air selfie drone can be controlled within a range of 300 feet, so it’s perfect for exploring the area around you without worrying about getting out of range.
If you have a specific plan in mind for taking your air selfies, this product will work with you. Its QuickShot, TapFly, and ActiveTrack options let you take videos and pictures with pre-established flight paths.
Its sport mode is great for users to implement in open fields with no obstacles around. Otherwise, the DJI Spark’s sports mode may cause you to lose control of this selfie quadcopter.
DJI Spark Features:
- 12 MP camera
- Records in 1080p HD
- Obstacle avoidance
- Top speed of 31mph
- Weighs 1.5lbs
- Longer-than-average flight duration
- Ability to establish pre-defined flight paths like circling or filming from above
- Lengthy setup process
- Sports mode can be difficult to use
Taking selfies has never been easier. The DJI Spark is perfect for those looking for a high-end product. Racers and first-person view enthusiasts will benefit from this product’s durability and ability to capture unique angles.
- DJI spark remote control Combo includes remote controller and standard spark accessory Kit (see details below)
- 2-Axis Stabilized Gimbal Camera 12MP Still Photos/ 1080P/30 Video gesture and Tap Fly control
- Flight autonomy with obstacle detection subject tracking from various angles GPS- & vision position-based navigation
- Top speed of 31 mph in sport mode up to 16 minutes flying time
- Up to 1. 2 mile control range control, edit, share with DJI go app
Eachine E61 Mini Drone
The Eachine E61 Mini Drone is a compact pocket selfie drone. It only lasts in the air for about 7 to 8 minutes, but it has a 45-minute charging time, so you can quickly resume your aerial photo sessions.
If you ever lose control of this selfie quadcopter, you can bring it easily bring it back. The Eachine E61’s One-Key Return feature has the drone fly back to the location of the remote.
The Eachine E61 delivers precise photos with its Altitude Hold mode. With this mode in place, you can lock the location and height in place. With the quadcopter in the position you want, you can capture images with a stable drone selfie camera.
While the Eachine E61 can be controlled with the mobile app, most users prefer to operate it using the controller. When in Headless mode, this drone will take off in whichever direction you want it to go, regardless of where its front side is pointing.
Eachine E61 Mini Drone Features:
- One-Key Return feature
- Altitude Hold mode
- Headless mode
- 0.3 MP pictures
- Great price
- Automatic landing and takeoff works well
- Compact size for easy transport
- Short flight time
- Some users report a defective battery
- Some issues with WiFi connectivity
- Lower quality pictures and videos
- 【HD Camera & FPV Real-time Transmittion】: The super mini-drone equipped with HD Camera can take aerial photos and videos, With the built-in WiFi module, you can see exactly what your camera sees with a live video on your mobile device by installing the APP.
- 【Altitude hold mode & One key take off /Landing 】: On altitude hold mode, you can accurately lock the height and location, stable hover and capture video or photos from any angle shooting, making the experience very easy and convenient, even a novice, can play this drone easily. The drone automatically takes off and lands with one click, which is very handy.
- 【3D flip & one key return & Headless mode & Trimming 】: The E61HW Drone includes the new 3D rolling special effects and can be quite the surprise! One-key return function allows the drone to return automatically without losing the drone. The Headless mode option can make the drone's front side the same as the remote control, making it easier to fly to your destination. With the Trimming function, you can adjust according to the tilt direction thus, making the drone stabilize during flight.
- 【gravity mode & 3D VR mode & Trajectory flight】 : Download the APP to control the drone. Click on the gyroscope icon, the drone will fly according to the gravity of the mobile phone. Click the REV icon, the drone can flip the screen 180 degrees. Click on the VR icon to turn on mobile phone split-screen mode. Wear VR Glasses to experience real-time transmission 3D visualization. Click on the Trajectory flight icon to draw a flight trajectory on the phone. The drone will then follow the traject
- 【Customer Service】: Maybe this is your first drone of aerial.So whether you have questions about our features like how to take a photo,take-off,landing, how to set-up TF card or general maintenance and repairs.Feel free to contact us and we are always at your side. Our dedicated customer service representatives will solve your flying problem in time.
ZeroTech Dobby Selfie Drone
The ZeroTech Dobby Selfie Drone is another great compact selfie drone. It has folding components that make it perfect as a pocket-size selfie drone.
Its HD camera swivels 90 degrees and has four preset positions, so you can capture quick-moving objects. The ZeroTech Dobby Selfie Drone comes with 3 axis image stabilization software to produce sharper air selfies.
You can transform your smartphone into a controller with this drone’s app. Once you connect to the app, you can observe your images in real-time from your phone. If you’re interested in sharing what you capture, the app lets you upload the images to social media or save them directly to your phone.
ZeroTech Dobby Selfie Drone Features:
- 13 MP pictures
- 1080p HD video
- 3 axis image stabilization
- Burst mode
- Time Delay mode
- Selfie mode
- Target tracking software allows the drone to follow you
- Moderately priced
- Flight time only lasts 10 minutes at most, often less if it’s windy
- Poor battery life
- Difficulty with calibration
The ZeroTech Dobby Selfie Drone offers great features at a relatively affordable place.
- Pocket-size rechargeable drone with dual satellite positioning and high definition camera
- Traditional one-button take-off and landing as well as voice control, pat, or throw-and-fly take-off methods
- Easily control with your phone’s swipe function or use phone as a motion controller
- Innovative camera offers facial recognition, digital 3-axis stabilizer, and ability to synchronize photos with one click
- Dimensions: With propellers in – 135mm x 67mm x 36.8mm. With propellers expanded – 135mm x 145mm x 36.8mm. Weight: Only 199g, no FAA registration is requried
The Yuneec Breeze is properly named; it’s a breeze to fly! Taking selfies will also be a breeze with this drone. It comes with five automated flight modes: journey, pilot, orbit, selfie, and follow me. Beginners appreciate how easy this selfie quadcopter is to use while more advanced drone flyers can still enjoy its versatile flight modes.
It comes with an ultra selfie HD 4K camera, so you’ll be able to shoot stunning aerial pictures and videos. The Yuneec Breeze’s corresponding Breeze Cam app lets you edit your air selfies to create the highest-quality content possible.
Crashing into walls or trees is virtually impossible due to obstacle avoidance technology. The Yuneec Breeze comes with positioning sensors that allow it to hold its spot in the air.
Yuneec Breeze Features:
- 50ft flying range
- 5 automated flight modes
- Ultra HD 4k camera
- Compatible with iOS and Android platforms
- Variety of flight modes for enhanced usability
- Comes with propeller protectors
- The app works well for sharing content on social media
- Shorter flying range
- Flying time is usually only about 12 minutes
- May be unreliable due to firmware updates
The Yuneec Breeze is decently priced and lets users share their content on various social media platforms, making it one of the best selfie drones available.
- Brand New in box. The product ships with all relevant accessories
Holy Stone HS160 Pro Selfie Drone
The Holy Stone HS160 Pro Selfie Drone is a low-priced product that will help you take the perfect selfies. It has an Optical Flow sensor, so you can suspend the drone at the height you want. This keeps it from drifting away and allows you to snap the perfect selfie.
This drone can only be controlled using the accompanying app; no remote control is included. Some users prefer the freedom that this offers while others find it inconvenient.
The Holy Stone HS160 comes with 3 different speeds: low, medium, and high. You can change these speeds mid-flight to more easily capture the images you want.
Holy Stone HS160 Pro Selfie Drone Features:
- 1080p HD video
- 110 degrees angle lens
- Comes with carrying case
- Optical Flow Positioning
- Takes off and lands with the press of one button
- 3 different speed modes
- No remote control included
- Long charging time (up to 110 minutes)
This drone is ideal for both beginners and experts. It’s more resistant to windy conditions than other drones, and its flight can be oriented based on the controller, rather than the drone’s front side.
- Explore More Scenic: HS160 Pro built with 1080p Full HD Camera and 110 Wild Angle Len helps you capture wonderful scenic and directly saved to smartphone; transmits steadier and clear videos in real time.
- Travel Friendly and Ideal Gifts: HS160 Pro is foldable and portable, fitting in your palm; Come with carry case, you can organize all parts effectively, and take it everywhere.
- Experiences More2 modular batteries ensure up to 20 minutes flight time, extends your flight experience; with the functions of headless mode, one key start and landing, emergency stop, speed modes, you can fly like a pro!
- Easy to Use: Optical flow sensor provides altitude hold and position hold, hovers the drone steadily at a certain height, prevents it drifting and helps to take selfies easily.
- Fun to Fly: APP Control and Gravity Sensor, allows you control the drone by adjusting the joysticks on screen or the way you swing your smartphone.
The Hover Passport Drone is perfect for capturing selfies and close-ups. It has a unique Owner Mode for secure facial recognition. The drone can locate and follow you during its flight, so it will be everywhere you want it to be.
If you want to take air selfies hands-free, the Hover Passport’s Gesture Control lets you capture photos with a simple gesture towards the drone.
It has a unique shape that may not be what you would expect from a drone. However, Hover designed it with the user in mind. It has a sturdy carbon fiber cage that protects it in the event of a crash landing. Plus, its design allows you to safely retrieve it from the air mid-flight, so you don’t have to worry about damaging it or harming yourself.
Hover Passport Features:
- 4k HD video
- 13 MP photos
- Flight time of 9-10 minutes
- Owner Mode
- Gesture Control
- Carbon fiber cage for optimal protection
- High-quality photos and images
- Short flight time
The Hover Passport is a great drone with an HD selfie camera. While it is on the pricier end, it’s well worth the investment due to its safe design and interesting features.
- Auto-Follow: Using face and body detection technology, the Hover Camera can accompany your journey hands-free with video recording and photo taking while cycling, running, surfing, or even hang-gliding
- No FAA Registration Required: Fly confidently and right out of the box without having FAA limitations and restrictions like other drones and operating temperature is 5 degree Celsius-35 degree Celsius (41 degree Fahrenheit-95 degree Fahrenheit)
- Carbon Fiber Cage: Hover Camera is crafted out of carbon fiber making it extra durable to falls and accidents; The Passport’s propellers are enclosed in a cage providing the highest standard of safety
- Gesture Control + Owner Mode: With owner mode you just scan your face into the app and the Passport will automatically find, follow, and record you. You can also snap photos with a quick gesture to the camera
- Ridiculously Portable: Weighing less than 1lb and folding up to the size of a small book, the Hover Camera can be carried with you anywhere. Wi-Fi Frequency Bands: 2.4GHz, 5GHz
Kizmo K160 Portable Drone
The Kizmo K160 is another selfie quadcopter that defies the traditional design of selfie drones. It’s easy to carry and can even fit in your pocket. It has four small propellers that allow for stable flights, so it’s also easy to fly.
The Kizmo K160 allows you to switch speeds mid-flight, so you have complete control over its trajectory. This pocket drone’s facial recognition software allows it to follow you and capture you from all angles.
Kizmo K160 Portable Drone Features:
- Headless mode
- Automatic takeoff and landing
- Altitude Hold feature
- Follow Me feature
- Super thin design
- Stable despite its small size
- Connectivity issues with iOS
For a very reasonable price, the Kizmo K160 lets you capture crisp images from a bird’s eye view.
- 720P FPV Wi-Fi camera - equipped with HD camera to take high-quality photos and videos. Offers real-time transmissions. Helps you to capture every moment from a bird-eye view.
- Follow Me mode - after face recognition, the drone will automatically follow and capture you wherever you move. Keeps you in the drone's sight and provides a hands-free experience.
- Optical flow positioning - build-in optical camera can capture live images, thus stabilizes the drone automatically at one position. Easy for beginners.
- More flight functions - altitude hold, headless mode, auto takeoff/ landing and speed switch for easier operation.
- Thinnest drone ever - compact design that fits in your pocket, withstands bumps and crashes for worry-free flying.
JJRC H37 Elfie Drone
The JJRC H37 Elfie can be described as the ZeroTech Dobby’s baby brother. It has a lot of the same features but is much cheaper. It offers a simpler solution to those who want to casually explore the realm of aerial photography.
The JJRC H37 Elfie doesn’t come with a memory card slot, so all of your air selfies save directly to your phone.
Its camera quality isn’t the best, but that’s to be expected with a selfie drone available for under $30.
JJRC H37 Elfie Features:
- 8-minute flight time
- Ability to perform flips
- Great price
- Easy to fly
- Works well with the app
- No memory card slot
- Poor camera quality
- Short flight time
The JJRC H37 Elfie is a great selfie quadcopter for beginners. It’s probably one of the cheapest selfie drones you’ll find on Amazon.
- Smartphone WiFi Remote Control - You can control your drone with wifi connection to your phone(ios or android),your phone will receive real-time transmission from the camera on the drone! The pictures and video store in your phone ,it`s easy to share them with your friend.
- High Hold Mode: When you release the throttle stick after using it, the rc drone will automatically set the height and still hover at the released height. Thus you can fly the drone easily and steadily.
- Headless Mode - When enters into headless mode, you don't need to worry about the direction problem. You can fly the quadcopter drone easily without knowing the direction. One Key Return - Recall the drone effortlessly, just touch a button on the app interface.
- Equipped with 3 speed modes, low, medium and fast. This allows you to fly, for instance, in a small spaces with low speed and maximum control or in more spacious areas with a very fast speed.
- Aerobatic Flight - 3D flips and rolls make the 360 degree rotations towards various directions to give you the spectacular performance. LED Light - With LED light, more fun when you play it on a dark night, it will be a shining star.
DeXop SG900 Selfie Drone
The DeXop SG900 comes with two HD Wi-Fi cameras that let you take photos and videos from multiple angles. With its foldable design, you can easily take it on the go.
Control the DeXOP SG900 with either your smartphone or the accompanying remote controller. Enjoy a flight time of up to 22 minutes, which is much longer than the flight time of other similar products.
DeXop SG900 Selfie Drone Features:
- Speed control
- Dual cameras
- Altitude Hold feature
- Mid-range price
- Long-life battery
- Not the best image quality
The DeXop SG900 is great for those who want longer flight times at a decent price.
- Optical & image following: put your hands on the bottom of the drone, The camera will use the light stream algorithm to calculate the displacement of the two frames of images, thereby realizing the positioning of the drone. You will lock the height and position more accurately and the hover more stable than ordinary drones. Tap on your mobile device and the sg900 will follow your designated target flight.
- Dual Camera & gesture photo: equipped with double 2MP HD Wi-Fi cameras, allows you Great view both front and Selfie, either top and bottom camera can take photos. It's also tillable to adjust view angle to help you to find the best point to record the memorable moment. Easy for you to shoot high-quality images or videos. V-sign mode - Optical follow version allow "v" Gesture to take selfie picture.
- Altitude hold & self power_off protection: you can accurately lock the height and location, stable hover, from any angle shooting are convenient.High/low speed mode and 3D flip function also provide you cool flying experience. Low battery protection combined with the light stream system, allows the drone to land safely without falling from the air.
- Multifunction: speed control/ Wi-Fi FPV/ Wi-Fi connection/ LED lights/ smartphone control/ altitude hold/ headless mode/ gyroscope/ 360°roll/ one down/ one key taking off/landing/ gesture photo/video/ dual cameras/ image following/ self power off protection/foldable design allow you can bring it anywhere, portable and easy to carry.
- Long-life rechargeable battery: the drone equipped with 3.7V 2200mAh rechargeable battery, the playing time is up to 22 minutes, The charging time is about 240 minutes, longer than the ordinary drone. Remote controller is also rechargeable, 40 minutes of charging time, jusing using 4.2V USB charging cable, you needn't buy extra AA batteries now.
Contixo F22 Foldable Selfie Drone
The Contixo F22 is a moderately-priced foldable selfie quadcopter that’s easy to take with you on the go. Feel free to fly this drone for long distances. As long as there’s no signal interference, you can expect a range of up to 800 feet.
For a hands-free experience, you can make a peace sign to take a picture and wave your hand to take a video. For those concerned about battery life, the Contixo F22 has LED lights that display exactly how much battery life is remaining.
Contixo F22 Foldable Selfie Drone Features:
- Built-in GPS module
- 13-15 minute flight time
- Gesture Control
- 1080p HD video
- 110 minute charging time
- Optional bonus battery for a longer flight time
- Stable during flight
- Must use branded SD cards (as opposed to generic ones) for the best photo and video performance
- On the higher price end
- Difficult to control the drone’s speed
This drone has a great range and flight time, which makes it ideal for beginners and experts alike.
- GPS ASSISTED FLIGHT WITH TONS OF FEATURES: With GPS location, the drone can hover stably and automatically return to Home precisely when its battery is low or the signal is lost. Shoot with ease when using the follow Me, Orbit Mode or just set the drone to fly in a circle along the path you set. Also it includes Selfie Mode /Gesture Control, Headless Mode, Auto Hover, First Person View, 1-Key Takeoff/ Landing & More! great drone for beginners, will entertain hobbyists of all levels and ages.
- BUILT-IN ADJUSTABLE WIDE-ANGLE 1080P HD WiFi CAMERA - Be the Videographer, the Contixo F22 drone allows you to both take pictures or record live video. Edit and upload your videos clips to Social Media using your iphone or ipad. Use our free downloadable app to fly and operate your F22 RC Remote & App Controlled drone, live stream video recording during flight for First Person View (FPV), Bird's Eye View, etc
- PRE-ASSEMBLED GPS FOLDABLE DRONE WITH COMPACT DESIGN – The Contixo F22 comes ready to fly right out the box. No need to put the drone together! It's a small, compact, foldable drone with a super portable design that makes it fun and easy to take everywhere you go, The Popular F22 is one of the Best Drones for Adults and for kids alike
- CUSTOM STORAGE CASE INCLUDED- The exclusive carrying case made specifically for the Contixo F22 Drone, allows you to safely store and transport your Foldable GPS Drone. Never worry about removing the propellers or taking your new hobby apart. This carrying case makes it safe and convenient to transport your unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) everywhere!
- VIDEO TRANSMISSION WITH A WIFI RANGE OF 750 FEET. The Contixo F22 Drone provides video transmission within a range of up to 750 feet. You can capture Pictures and Videos while flying for up to 15 minutes allowing you to fly farther. Get still images and stream Live HD footage and then upload it to social media from your iPhone or iPad. The video clips are automatically saved to the Micro SD card in 1080P Quality.
What Should I Consider Before Buying a Selfie Drone?
A selfie drone is a great investment. It allows you to practice your flying skills and take capture beautiful images all at once! However, before making this big purchase, take the following factors into account:
Selfie quadcopters can range from under $50 to $500 and higher. Consider your budget and personal circumstances. Are you desperately on the hunt for a more innovative approach to picture-taking? If so, you may want a higher-priced selfie quadcopter with more features. This investment may be worth it, even if you’re a beginner when it comes to selfie drones.
If you just want to try out a basic selfie drone, consider a cheaper option. This way, you can explore your interest in aerial photography without breaking the bank.
Consider where and when you’ll be using your selfie drone most often. Some users fly these drones at events like birthday parties, family reunions, picnics, holidays, and backyard gatherings to impress guests. Hikers and campers may take their selfie quadcopters to capture their outdoor adventures in forests and on lakesides. Still, others may want to use these products wherever and whenever they can, whether that be in the office or at home.
Some selfie quadcopters are better suited for indoor environments while others thrive in windy conditions. When buying a selfie drone, consider where and how often you’ll be using it to get one with the durability and features that you want.
Professional users may want to achieve the clearest videos and pictures, but for others, image quality may not matter as much. If you’re looking for a certain picture resolution or video quality, check for pixel specifications before purchasing a selfie drone. Some of the best camera drones feature 4K, 1080p cameras.
Some selfie drones can only stay in the air for 10 minutes at a time. Flight times can change due to windy or otherwise inclement weather. If you want long-lasting photo sessions, consider getting a selfie quadcopter with a flight time of 20-30 minutes.
To capture images far away, you’ll need a selfie drone with a decent range. If you’re exclusively looking for a product that will snap photos and videos of yourself, you’ll probably get by with a drone that has a shorter range.
Selfie drones come with a variety of modes. Before deciding on a product, consider if you want any of the following flight features:
- Facial Recognition. Snap the perfect selfie every time, as this feature allows your drone to focus specifically on your face.
- Gesture Control. With a wave of your hand, you can command your quadcopter to take a picture.
- Exact Positioning. This is a great feature for beginners, as you can suspend and stabilize the quadcopter mid-air for ideal picture-taking.
By their very nature, most selfie drones are quite compact. However, some come with propellers, which may increase their weight or reduce their foldability. Pocket drones take great selfies, and many of the selfie drones on the market are pocket sized.
Final Thoughts – Is a Selfie Drone Right for Me?
If you are looking for a fun and fresh approach to capturing images, a selfie quadcopter is just the product for you. Do you feel overwhelmed in your search for the perfect product? Feel free to revisit this best selfie drone review for inspiration and guidance.
We recommend reading the manual that accompanies your product. Get familiar with your selfie drone before testing it. This way, you can get optimal use out of it and more fully enjoy all that it has to offer. Be sure to follow any FAA drone flying rules and avoid no fly zones!
Check out other Top-Rated Drones: