Photography is becoming more and more popular now that technology is advancing. Everybody has some form of social media that they are posting pictures to everyday, like Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook. While most people use their phones and stick close to the ground, others prefer to take to the sky with drones for photography to get the best picture possible.
Camera drones are helping those people see everything they want to see and are making sure that they never miss a shot again. Drones can help you get photos that are otherwise unattainable. You can get beautiful sunsets, landscapes, and even aerial shots of yourself with camera drones.
Camera Drones come in many shapes and sizes – they also come with different skill levels. Some may be looking for a hobby while others are using drones for professional photography, but either way if you want to be a great photographer you should have a photography drone in your arsenal.
- 1 Best Camera Photography Drones
- 1.1 These are the Best Camera Drones for Photography:
- 1.2 DJI Mavic Zoom II
- 1.3 Autel Robotics Evo Drone
- 1.4 DJI Spark
- 1.5 UPair Two Drone
- 1.6 Yuneec Typhoon Q500
- 1.7 Potensic T25 GPS Drone
- 1.8 PowerVision PowerEye 4K Camera Drone
- 1.9 Parrot Anafi Drone
- 1.10 Holy Stone HS700 Drone
- 1.11 Ryze Tello Quadcopter Drone
- 2 How To Choose a Drone for Photography
- 3 Final Thoughts on Camera Drones
Best Camera Photography Drones
Today we are going to help breakdown the best drones for photography on the market and what you should be looking at when deciding on your drone. Whether it is you first quadcopter, or you already have a few, there are certain specs and features you should be looking at when deciding on your drone, like camera quality, extra features, flight time, and more.
These are the Best Camera Drones for Photography:
- DJI Mavic Zoom II
- Autel Robotics Evo Drone
- DJI Spark
- UPair Two Drone
- Yuneec Typhoon Q500
- Potensic T25 GPS Drone
- PowerVision PowerEye 4K Camera Drone
- Parrot Anafi Drone
- Holy Stone HS700 Drone
- Ryze Tello Quadcopter Drone
DJI Mavic Zoom II
For anyone looking for a versatile camera drone that can be used in any situation, the DJI Mavic Zoom II is the drone for you. This drone is easy enough to use for starting a new hobby, and so well equipped that it can be used for professional purposes.
The Zoom is one of the best camera quadcopters on the market because of its great specs and extended flight time and battery life. It is great for anyone with an active lifestyle that needs to have great portability for a drone. You can get up to 31 minutes of flight time with this drone, and it can reach speeds of up to 44 miles per hour.
The Zoom takes breathtaking photos and videos with its 1/2.3 inch 12-megapixel sensor with up to four-times zoom, including a two-times optical zoom. This camera drone will allow you to take a picture of anything that you want because of the zoom capabilities. You can zoom while flying and get better resolution than most other camera drones. Your pictures will really pop with the HDR photo settings and you can record HD videos in 4K. You can see so clearly from up in the sky that you won’t even realize how high up you are.
You will often hear this drone being compared to the Mavic Pro II, but the Zoom is the better all-around model if you are not a professional. While the photos will look a little crisper with the Pro, you can’t pass up all the other feature that the Zoom can offer you.
DJI Mavic II Zoom Key Features
- 1/2.3 inch CMOS 12MP sensor with up to four-times zoom, including a two-times optical zoom (24 – 48mm)
- 4k Camera
- Active Track 2.0
- Dolly Zoom
- Omnidirectional Obstacle Sensing
- Hyper lapse
- Low-Noise Design
- HDR Photos
- Max flight time: 31 minutes
- See the bigger picture: powered by a 1/2. 3 inch CMOS 12MP sensor with up to four-times zoom, including a two-times optical zoom (24 - 48mm).
- Up to 31 minutes flight time, 44 mph max speed, 905G takeoff weight, 3-axis gimbal for steady shots, 8GB internal storage, SD card Support up to 128GB
- Enjoy live view in real time during flight and record 4K videos at higher bitrates with advanced H. 265 compression.
- Functions include active track 2. 0, dolly zoom, omnidirectional obstacle sensing, Hyper lapse, low-noise design, HDR photos
- What you get: Mavic 2 zoom, intelligent Flight Battery, gimbal protector, remote controller, 3x propellers (pair), battery Charger, power cable, communication cable (USB3. 0 Type-C), USB adapter, spare control sticks (pair), RC cable (Lightning connector), RC cable (standard micro USB connector), RC cable (USB Type-C connector). 48MP Super Resolution Photo. Enhanced HDR photos with 13 EV
Autel Robotics Evo Drone
The Autel Evo is a no-nonsense easy-to-use camera drone that is slowly but surely gaining traction on its competitors. This drone is easy and simple to use, allowing you to get it up and flying in under one minute. Quick flight is great because you never know when you are going to need an aerial shot.
While flying, this quadcopter is incredibly stable – as steady as a tripod while flying. It can stay in flight for 30 minutes, has GPS tracking for hands-free action, and has a return to home setting just in case you lose connection to your drone. It also has one of the best drone cameras with its 4K camera.
The picture and video quality of this drone is on par, if not better than most other drones. This drone doesn’t face the same software problems that have been plaguing other quadcopters recently. It doesn’t force you to update, and instead of making your drone go inactive in a no-fly zone, it gives warnings instead.
It is also easier to use, unlike some of the better camera drones that are more complicated to fly. The OLED screen on the remote is also a great feature. It allows you to see everything in real time 720p HD and allows you to change the settings of the drone right from the remote.
The Evo is a worthy competitor for best camera drone. The Evo is definitely a great choice for anyone looking for an easy to use, and an all-around great drone for photography. Its specs are great for someone looking for their first drone or looking to add another drone to their collection.
Autel Robotics Evo Drone Key Features:
- 4K 60fps Ultra HD camera video
- Easy one-touch action buttons
- Real-glass optics EVO
- Remote Control with 3.3 OLED screen
- Maximum Flight Time: 30 mins
- Maximum Flight Range: 4.3 miles
The DJI Spark is a great choice for anyone looking for a beginner photography drone. It is one of the more affordable DJI drones with a camera. DJI is one of the most well-trusted brands when it comes to photography drones.
This drone only weighs 1.6 pounds, so it isn’t too heavy. It is a small drone, which makes it ideal for traveling since it won’t take up much space. While it may not offer all of the features that the Zoom may offer, it is great for anyone who is just getting started with camera quadcopters.
This drone is very easy to use with the controller – you may experience some problems with the navigation app, but with the controller it flies like a dream. When in the air you can expect smooth flight, like with all other DJI products. It does include some smart features. The most important one that lets you know how far any obstacles are via object sensing, which means if you are just starting out you won’t fly into any walls.
DJI Spark Key Features:
- Camera takes 12MP photos and 1080p Full HD videos
- Some smart features
- 1.6 pounds
- Maximum Flight Time: 16 minutes
- Maximum Flight Range: 1.2 miles
UPair Two Drone
For the price and quality, you just won’t be able to pass up the UPair 2. Not only does this drone have a stylish design, but it also has a great price tag. However, for such an affordable cost you aren’t giving up much regarding the specs on the drone.
This drone takes stunning 4K pictures because of its 3-eye HD lens, the 4K photography and video from this drone will give you the same quality as something 2 to 3 times the price. It is easy to fly and very stable when in the air, making it great for beginners.
Some of the features on this drone are interesting as well. With the app you can create custom flight paths, setting up two waypoints and allowing the quadcopter to fly in between them. The only thing that this function need is to be connected to GPS. You can also take 3D video with it, so once you are done filming you can put your video on any VR device and view it in 3D.
With all of the features that this drone has and how easy it is to fly, it’s a great drone choice for anyone who is just getting started. You can’t match the quality of the photos, ease of use, or price tag with many other drones on the market.
UPair Two Drone Key Features:
- 3-eye HD lens
- 4K UHD Gimbal Camera
- GPS Positioning Function
- Custom Flight Path
- Follow Me Mode
- 3D Video
- Optical Flow Positioning
- Maximum Flight Time: 24 minutes
- Maximum Flying Distance: 6561ft
- Max Wind Resistance: 17 mph
- Drone Flying with 3-eye HD Camera: Newly designed 3-eye camera: main 4K ultra high definition lens, 2 assisted lenses with 2K FHD lens, fine capture from every wonderful moment with a high-resolution of 16MP. Comes with 3-axis high-precision gimbal for camera and dynamically adjust camera pitch angle from -90° to 10° through the remote control during flight.
- 5.8G FPV Wi-Fi Transmission: This FPV drone can be connected via WiFi. Works with UPair APP system and takes pictures, video in no time. 5.8G real-time transmission, provides you with a resolution of 4K/30FPS live video image from up to 4200ft away. Lets you see what your drone sees!
- GPS Positioning Function: The GPS system allows you to get accurate position information of your rc quadcopter. Integrated into the home return function (RTH) to fly more safely. The drone will automatically return home exactly when the battery is low or the signal is weak during the flight.
- Long Flight Time: Equipped with upgraded 5100mAh intelligent battery yields up to 24 minutes flight time, so you can immerse yourself in a substantial flight.
- Easy and Fun to Fly: Assisted with Headless Mode and Follow Me Mode, Altitude Hold Function and One Key Return to Home Function. Support flight plan customization, perfect drone with camera for beginners or adults.
Yuneec Typhoon Q500
The Yuneec Typhoon Q500 is another great choice for anyone looking for an affordable and versatile camera drone. The camera on this drone will give you some of the best quality out there. The 4k camera is one of the best ones available and allows you to take smooth pictures thanks to the 3- axis gimbal. It also allows you to take 1080p slow motion video.
The camera is especially good because it gets rid of the curvature on your photos, making sure that all of your pictures are flat. This is especially good for people who like to take high up landscape photos but want them to look as realistic as possible.
The Yuneec Q500 also has some good extras with the Return to Home and Follow Me features. The Return Home feature allows your drone to come back to you as long as you have GPS. The Follow Me feature lets the drone follow you hands free.
The SteadyGrip handheld device is really what sets this quadcopter apart from the others. The SteadyGrip allows you to make your drone camera handheld and get great ground shots. Not many other drones have the ability to become a handheld camera, which makes this an interesting choice for those looking for a high-quality camera.
Yuneec Typhoon Q500 Key Features:
- CGO3 4K 3-axis Gimbal Camera
- 1080p/120 fps slow motion video
- SteadyGrip handheld device
- Return to Home
- Follow Me
- Maximum Flight Time: 25 minutes
- YUNEEC Q500 4K Typhoon RTF Quadcopter Drone
- PS1205 100-240V AC to 12V DC Adapter, US Plug for Q500 Drone
- Propeller / Rotor Blade A, Clockwise Rotation 2pcs. for Q500 Drone x 2
- Propeller / Rotor Blade B, Counter-Clockwise Rotation 2pcs. for Q500 Drone x 2
Potensic T25 GPS Drone
High quality beginner camera drones aren’t easy to come by, but the Potensic T25 is just that. It is one of the only drones on our list that is under $200, but even with its low price it doesn’t give up much in the way of quality. The main selling point on this drone is that it is great for first time users. It is inexpensive but is very easy to start using.
Flight is very stable, so you don’t have to worry about taking low-quality videos or shaky photos. The photos and videos from this drone also look great with its 1080p HD camera. The battery life isn’t as good as some of the other drones on this list, but for the price point you can’t beat it.
While this is a more affordable choice for first timers, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have some extra feature. It has a follow me setting that allows your drone to track you. The return home feature allows the quadcopter to go back to where it was launched. This drone even lets you create custom flight paths. You can find many of these features on more expensive drones, but this one is less than half the price of most of those.
Potensic T25 GPS Drone Key Features:
- 1080P HD camera
- Follow Me
- Return Home
- Custom Flight Path
- Maximum Flight Time: 8-10 mins
- Maximum Flight Distance: 300 M
- Seller ds-i is the authorized one! ! ! convenient and easy: with a aluminum silver carry case, you could bring it outdoor conveniently. Headless mode, altitude mode and one key to take-off/ land function make easier access to kids or beginners.
- Wider vision & fluent transmission: 1080P HD camera with 120° FOV and 75° adjustable wide angle helps to capture clearly photos and more stable videos. Wi-Fi camera provide you faster but clearer image transmission.
- Safer & more stable flight: equipped with dual gps+9-axis gyro space, drone will stand still in the wind and automatic return home when it is with low power or weak signal or lost.
- Smart & fun: follow Me mode & dual GPS free your hands, while Potensic drone automatically follow you, simultaneously capturing all the videos & photos. Beside, T25 drone will fly as you want once customize flight path function activated.
- Farther & broader: modular battery 1000 mAh and up to 300M control range enable you to go father and see broader.
PowerVision PowerEye 4K Camera Drone
The PowerVision PowerEye is a 4K camera drone that gives you a lot of options with its filming choices.. This drone has a great 4K camera that allows for interchangeable lenses for the camera. The 4K lens lets you take breathtaking and vivid photos, that will make you want to keep flying.
One of the lenses is the “PowerEye thermal” which allows you to see in thermal vision, which isn’t an option that most drones include. If you have ever wanted to see the world as if you were in the movie Predator, this is the drone for you. There are more options with the interchangeable lenses like First person view and Subject Matter View.
The PowerEye is also excellent while in flight. This drone is agile in the sky and will allow you to make quick turns and fly in high wind speeds. While in high wind speeds, you will be able to take steady photos and videos even while other drones might not be able too. The reaction time is also great so you won’t have to worry if some happens in a matter of seconds, you will be able to get to it and shot it. This quadcopter also has object detection, so you will get a warning before flying into any walls or going into a no-fly zone.
PowerVision PowerEye 4K Camera Drone Key Features:
- 4K Camera
- Interchangeable lenses
- Power Eye thermal
- Object detection
- Maximum Flight Time: 29.5 minutes
- Maximum Flight Distance: 3.1 miles
- Micro Four Thirds (MFT) system compatibility enables users to connect a variety of lenses based on their personal preferences
- Object detection technology uses an array of integrated sensors to detect flight path obstacles and sound an alert within 30 feet
- Highly portable 600mm class aircraft integrates collapsible legs and rotors for quick and easy transport
- Control range and real-time high definition video stream up to 3.1 miles (5 kilometers)
- Included accessories: Power Eye base station, smart battery, Charger, remote controller, and Rolling case
Parrot Anafi Drone
For anyone looking for a portable drone that also takes great pictures, the Parrot Anafi is the drone for you. The 4K HDR camera will let you take some of the best pictures that you’ve ever taken, and with the 2.8x zoom they will be clearer and crisper.
This drone is also very portable because of its foldable frame and the fact that it only weighs 1.56 pounds. If you are looking for a drone that is excellent for traveling, this drone is easy to take anywhere. The 180-degree gimbal will let you get the best angles on any picture that you take.
The Anafi has some great features to go along with its enhanced portability. The geofence feature will let you set an area that your drone can fly in. Just as the geofence feature will help your drone to not get lost so will the find my drone feature. Find my drone will make your drone beep so that you can find it easily. It even has a slow motion and Hyperlapse setting. For the price point this is one of the best portable cameras drones out there and in no time, you will be taking this drone everywhere with you.
Parrot Anafi Drone Key Features:
- 4k HDR camera
- 2.8x lossless zoom
- 180-degree gimbal
- Foldable frame
- Smart Features
- Find My Drone
- Maximum Flight Time: 25 minutes
- Maximum Flight Distance: 2.5 miles
- This drone with a camera equipped with f/2.4 wide angle ASPH lens, HDR, and up to 2.8 times digital zoom captures spectacular 4K videos, Full HD or 2.7K videos (2704x1520), and 21 MP photos without loss of quality. Additionally, you have a timer, a Burst mode that captures 10 photos per second, and wizards to take over professional settings
- The ANAFI Parrot Drone can have up to 25 minutes of filmed flight time thanks to an intelligent Li-Po battery that optimizes its life and charges 60% faster using the Power Delivery USB Type C charger; Operating Temperature range: -10°C to 40°C
- With its ultra-compact and lightweight carbon frame (320 g), this quadcopter drone unfolds in less than 3 seconds, reaches a speed of 55 km/h in sport mode and withstands bullets up to 50 km/h
- Equipped with a Parrot Skycontroller 3 folding remote control, the ANAFI Parrot Drone can be located at any time thanks to the activation of your smartphone’s vibrator when attention or immediate action is needed, as well as the Geofence, SmartRth, and Find My Drone functions
- Software updates can make changes to existing features, further enhance ANAFI’s reliability and performance, or offer new experiences. It is therefore important to have an updated FreeFlight 6 application and to accept the proposed software updates. Max charging power 24W
Holy Stone HS700 Drone
Another great choice for beginners who are looking for their first camera drone is the Holy Stone HS700. This drone is a great value when you start to consider some of the specs on it. It has a long flight time of 22 minutes, comparable to more expensive drones. It also has a good camera that will let you take very good pictures in 2K, which is great for this price range.
This drone is easy to fly, great for people who are just starting to get into drones as a hobby. The brushless motor means that you won’t hear this drone, so you won’t get any extra noise in your videos which is a big plus.
Holy Stone also added features that some of the more expensive drones include, like a follow me and auto return feature. With the GPS assisted flight you will never lose this drone because of the auto return feature and it allows for you to use the follow me feature as well. You can also set a custom flight path with this drone, picking and choosing where you want it to go.
This photography drone is a great choice for anyone who is looking to buy their first drone, because it offers many of the same things as the more expensive drones, but at a fraction of the price.
Holy Stone HS700 Drone Key Features:
- 2K FHD 90°Adjustable Camera
- GPS Assisted Flight
- Brushless Motor
- GPS Follow Me
- Auto Return
- Custom Flight Path
- Maximum Flight Time: 22 minutes
- Maximum Flight Range: 3280 ft
- 2K FHD 90°Adjustable Camera with 5G Transmission: The upgraded camera (2048*1152P) with 110°FOV (field of view) lens gives a panoramic view for recording your unforgettable moment. 5G transmission ensures fast and high-quality FPV real time video from 1640-2600FT away- ideals for selfie. Edit and share your new creations to social media with your drone app directly.
- GPS Assisted Flight: With GPS location, the drone can hover stably and automatically return to Home precisely when its battery is low or the signal is lost. Shot with ease when the drone can follow you or fly in a circle along the path you set.
- 22 Mins Max Flight Time: The High-capacity 2800mAh intelligent battery yields up to 22mins flight time. It also has low-power alert. You can immerse yourself in a substantial flight.
- Brushless Motor: It is so quiet but very powerful when running. Working life is much more longer than brushed motors. Maintenance-free, which makes your flight more enjoyable. The upgraded quick-release propellers run with higher efficiency.
- Simple Control: Quick launch by pressing one key; quick-Release propellers can be set up with no screws; stable flight while keeping its altitude locked; easy direction control with headless mode. You can focus on camera control and more complex shots. The 2.4ghz on the package means the remote controller frequency,the WIFI frequency of the item is 5ghz. Please read the Instruction Manual before operation. Most of concerns can be settled down.
Ryze Tello Quadcopter Drone
The Ryze Tello is the perfect micro drone for entry-level drone enthusiasts. With DJI flight tech, it has help from one of the most trusted names in drone technology. Sitting at under $100, this drone is a great choice for anyone looking to buy a drone to test out and learn how to fly. It is also great for kids for this reason, because it is so inexpensive.
This drone is super small and lightweight, only weighing 11 ounces, so you know you will be able to pack it wherever you go. It also has great flight time comparable to some of the higher-end drone models out there.
This drone is so small that you it can take off right from the palm of your hands. You can also impress your friends by performing some sick aerial tricks, because this drone is easy to fly and extremely agile. The Tello also takes good photos and videos. Even if you don’t know how to fly your drone, the EZ shots feature will allow you to take professional level videos and share them right to your social media accounts. For this price range, you can’t find a better micro drone for someone with entry-level skills.
Ryze Tello Quadcopter Drone Key Features:
- 720p HD video
- VR headset compatibility
- DJI flight tech
- 11 ounces
- Maximum Flight Time: 13 minutes
- Maximum Flight Range: 100 m
- Learn about drones, shoot video and easily perform impressive tricks with this lightweight Ryze Tello drone
- The 5-megapixel camera records JPEG photos and 720p MP4 video, and the Tello flies up to 10m vertically and up to 100m away
- This Ryze Tello drone operates up to 13 minutes per charge
- DJI flight tech - High-quality components ensure stable flights
- VR headset compatibility - Fly with a breathtaking first-person view.FOV 82.6º
How To Choose a Drone for Photography
Picking the best camera drone isn’t always easy – there are so many drones to choose from, and those of us who aren’t drone experts may not know what to look for. Use our photography drone buying guide to find the best drone with a camera for your needs.
If you’re buying a drone for photography, you’ll want one with a great camera so that the photos come out clear and in high definition. Some of the best camera drones feature 4K cameras that shoot HD photos and video. Be sure to check out the specifications of the camera included with your drone, as well as customer reviews to see how they say the camera works and how the camera resolution turns out.
A photography drone should have a camera with at least 720 pixels in HD, ideally. You should also look into the camera controls to make sure it’s easy to shoot photos and videos while flying.
Ease of Flight
If you want to take aerial photos with your drone, you have to be able to fly it. Even if your drone has the best camera on the market, it won’t matter much if it’s too hard to fly. Drone flying takes practice, so while you won’t be an expert pilot right away, some drones are better at flying than others.
Look for a drone with multiple flight modes – these make it easier to start slow and learn how to fly. Once you’ve mastered flying your drone, you can learn how to take photos and videos with it without shaking too much. A shaky drone will only yield poor photos.
There are certain features to look for in a drone for photography. Look for altitude hold, so your drone will fly steadily in place while you shoot. You should also see how much camera control you have through the gimbal. If you can’t rotate the camera angle, you’ll have to move the entire drone, which can be difficult.
You’ll also want to check out flight times and ranges. If you want your drone for amazing aerial photography, you need to make sure it can fly long and far enough to reach the shots you want to take.
Final Thoughts on Camera Drones
There may be a lot of different choices out there in regard to camera quadcopters, but once you find out what you are looking for it is easy to narrow down your choices. Camera drones are a very good piece of technology for not only taking pictures, but they are also great for having fun. There is nothing like taking to the sky and seeing what everything looks like from above.
Every great photographer should have at least one drone in their in their rotation, and even if you are just looking for a hobby or a drone for kids, drones are great. Once you find your perfect camera drone, check out more tech goods, reviews, or tech tips, at iDapt.
Check out other Top-Rated Drones: