For some people, getting up and out of bed is the hardest part of the day. Luckily, new technology has brought us smart alarm clocks to make it easier to wake up and get the day started.
The best smart alarm clocks have features like customizable settings, sunrise alarms, and other intelligent features. But really, the best smart clock is the one that works best for your needs. Whether you’re a heavy sleeper, a chronic snooze button pusher, or just not a morning person, there’s a smart alarm clock out there for you.
8 Best Smart Alarm Clocks
These are the Best Smart Alarm Clocks:
- Philips SmartSleep Connected Sleep and Wake-up Light Therapy Lamp
- Amazon Echo Show 5
- Lenovo Smart Clock
- Grace Digital Mondo + Classic Wireless Radio Alarm Clock
- Anker Wakey
- iHome Google Assistant Smart Home Alarm Clock
- WITTI BEDDI Style Smart Alarm Clock
- Light therapy lamp and sunrise alarm clock gradually wakes you up
- Built-in bedroom sensor to create ideal sleeping and waking light settings
- Smartphone enabled control
- AmbiTrack sensor measures temperature, noise, light, and humidity levels and makes recommendations for better sleep
- Customizable alarm, light, sound, and sunrise and sunset settings via smartphone app
- RelaxBreathe light-guided breathing program to help fall asleep
- Smart touch display to snooze
- Power back up so that alarm works if power goes out
- USB port to charge phone
- 8 natural wake up sound options
- Speaker connects to FM radio or to smartphone playlists and listening apps
- 25 brightness settings
- Improves sleep with natural wake up light and bedroom sensor
- Very customizable alarm clock settings and controls
- Power backup works in case the power goes off
- Plenty of brightness and color settings
- Connects to radio and smartphone music as speaker
- No voice control
Improve your sleep with the Philips SmartSleep Wake-Up Light Alarm Clock. The latest from Philips, this light is clinically proven to improve sleep and restfulness. The sunrise wake up light gradually wakes you up with natural light over 30 minutes for a better, more restful wakeup period. It also has plenty of other great features, like sensors to improve sleep quality, and it works as a speaker. This is one of the best smart alarm clocks out there that can truly improve your sleep and make for easier mornings.
- Somneo light therapy lamp and sunrise alarm clock, now smartphone-enabled with built-in bedroom sensor for creating your ideal sleeping and waking environment.
- Built-in AmbiTrack sensor measures your bedroom’s temperature, noise, light and humidity levels – giving recommendations for better sleep.
- Customize alarm, light, sound, and new colored sunrise and sunset themes through your smartphone with the SleepMapper App.
- Fall asleep relaxed with the RelaxBreathe light-guided breathing program. Wake up naturally with colored sunrise.
- Clinically validated wake-up light, with easy to use premium features including FM radio, power back up, USB mobile phone charging, AUX dock with quality speaker, full dim clock and smart touch display.
Amazon Echo Show 5
- Alexa built in voice control
- Customizable clock face
- Camera and microphone built-in, can be turned off for privacy
- Smart display with many capabilities including a calendar, to-do lists, weather and traffic updates, recipe display
- Can play movies, TV shows, news, songs, radio stations, audiobooks, etc.
- Allows voice or video calling through Skype, Alexa app, or compatible devices
- Can control other smart devices through voice control or touch screen
- Create scheduled routines and alarms
- Customizable clock settings
- Smart integrations with the rest of your smart home
- Full smart display options like video and music
- Privacy option with easy off shutter for camera and microphone
- Home screen ads
The Amazon Echo Show 5 is not primarily an alarm clock, but this smart device is a great option for those looking for a smart alarm to pair with other Amazon smart products. This is more than just a smart alarm – you can plan your whole day with to-do lists and calendars, watch videos, listen to music, ask Alexa for help, and even call people through the Echo Show 5. The background is customizable, as are the alarm settings. You can also control other smart devices or use the Echo Show 5 to view smart security cameras throughout your home.
- Alexa can show you more – Compact 5.5” smart display ready to help manage your day, entertain at a glance, and connect you to friends and family.
- Made to fit your life – Cook along to step-by-step recipes. Easily update to-do lists and calendars. Choose the clock face that fits your style best and glance at weather and traffic on your way out.
- Big entertainment – Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Control your smart home – Voice control compatible devices or manage them on the easy-to-use display. Ask Alexa to show you security cameras, control lights, and adjust thermostats. Create morning routines to start your day.
- Connect with video calling and messaging – Call friends and family who have the Alexa app, an Echo device with a screen, or Skype. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
Lenovo Smart Clock
- Built-in Google Assistant voice control
- Touch anywhere to snooze
- Sunrise alarm feature
- Connects to other smart devices
- USB port on back
- Chrome cast audio
- Sleek design
- Voice control or touch control to easily stop or snooze
- Sunrise feature gradually lights up for 30 minutes before your alarm goes off
- Smart integrations allow it to connect to other devices
- USB port for charging your phone bedside
- Can function as speaker
- Elegant, simple design
- Does not work if power shuts off
- Cannot view videos on the clock face
The Lenovo Smart Clock is a favorite for many reasons. It has great features, and makes for a good customizable alarm clock through Google Assistant or a Google Home app. Its sunrise feature is great for gradual wake ups, and you can even connect to smart lights in your room to light up in time with the smart alarm clock. It can also connect to Google Nest cameras to check on home security bedside. We recommend this smart alarm clock for anyone with other Google smart devices.
No products found.
Grace Digital Mondo + Classic Wireless Radio Alarm Clock
- Listen to over 100,000 internet radio stations through WiFi
- Controlled via front panel, remote control, or through smartphone app
- Connect and play music via Bluetooth
- 8 buzzer alarm options
- 12 or 24 hour clock optional
- 5 escalating volume alarm options
- 30 daytime or nighttime backlight settings, blue or red
- Customizable sleep and snooze timers
- Qi wireless charger on top of alarm clock
- Comes in black or walnut
- Plenty of listening options
- Easy to control and set alarms with panel, remote control, or app
- Lots of alarm options and customizable settings
- Also functions as a wireless phone charger
- Radio doesn’t pick up AM/FM satellite radio, but connects via internet radio
The Grace Digital Mondo+ is one of the best smart alarm clocks out there. It works as an alarm clock, speaker, and wireless phone charger, so you can combine three bedside devices into one. The alarm clock can be controlled remotely via a smartphone app, and has plenty of customizable features to adjust for your preferred wake up settings. This attractive smart alarm clock will look great in your room, with options in black or walnut to fit your style.
- 10 different alarm sounds
- Pre-set alarm to FM radio stations or through Bluetooth connected smartphones
- High quality audio speaker
- 10 sleep-inducing ambient sounds, or can connect to Sound Core app for more sound options
- LED display dims in low light and can be adjusted or turned off via app
- Wireless charger (10 watts) on top of alarm clock
- Set alarm schedules via app
- Two USB ports on back for extra charging options
- 12 or 24 hour clock options
- Sleek, simple design in white or black
- Works as smart alarm clock, speaker, FM radio, wireless charger, and white noise machine
- Great audio from high quality speaker
- Plenty of alarm options and controllable schedules via app
- Sleep settings like dimming low light
- No voice control
- Can’t control or integrate with other smart devices
The Anker Wakey Bluetooth Speaker Alarm Clock is a great option that combines a few bedside devices into one. It works as a smart alarm clock, an FM radio and Bluetooth speaker, a fast charging wireless charger, and a white noise machine to help you sleep. At an affordable price, you can get all of these quality devices rolled into one! This smart alarm is easy to set up and control via the Sound Core app and has lots of great features to consider.
- Hassle-free wireless fast charging: Built-in wireless charger Powered by Anker technology. Charge Qi-compatible devices at up to 10W for Samsung S10, S10+, S9, S9+, S8, S8+, and note 9 and 7. 5W for iPhone 11, XR, XS Max, XS, x, and 8 Plus.
- Comfort in sound: easily Pre-Set your favorite FM radio stations or connect your device via Bluetooth or aux cable. Audio is delivered via full-range stereo drivers.
- Wakey, rise and shine: choose from 10 different sounds, including the FM radio, to set up to 15 individual alarms.
- Goodnight, Sleep tight: choose from 10 sleep-inducing ambient sounds or compose your own soothing soundscape using the sound core app. The LED display automatically dims in low light and can be adjusted or turned off using the app.
- In Harmony with You: Instantly synchronize Wakey using the Sound core app, or use the built-in touch bar for fast access. Wakey's innovative design was awarded a 2018 Golden Pin Design Award.
iHome Google Assistant Smart Home Alarm Clock
- Google Cast plus Voice assistance
- LED clock display with adjustable brightness
- WiFi audio speaker connects to Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, Google Play, and more
- Control other smart devices through voice control
- Wirelessly connects to other compatible speakers at home to group them or play different music, controlled via smartphone
- Control alarm settings and schedules via voice control or app
- USB port to charge phone
- Google Assistant included – ask questions, voice command, etc
- Functions as speaker, smart alarm, and Google Assistant
- Controls other smart devices via voice controls
- Connects to smartphone to stream music
- Easy to set alarm settings with plenty of options
- Fewer light and alarm settings than competitors
- Some complaints of Google Assistant mishearing on first try
If your home is full of Google devices, the iHome Google Assistant Smart Alarm clock is a great choice for you. This smart clock works as an alarm, speaker, and it can control other smart devices via Google Assistant, so your whole home is connected and controllable bedside. This is on the inexpensive side of smart alarm clocks, and it still has plenty of great features that are easily programmable.
No products found.
- Pressure sensor to turn off alarm forces you to wake up
- Pressure sensor can be adjusted between 3 and 30 seconds of required pressure
- Upload music to choose the alarm sound you want to wake up to
- Comfortable memory foam fabric is soft on your feet in the morning
- Loud, setting range from 90 to 120 decibels
- Minimalistic design in 3 colors: blue, white, and grey
- Forces you to stand up
- Loud for deep sleepers
- No snooze button to enable sleeping in
- Can upload music from your computer to wake up to
- Doesn’t connect to smartphone – music has to be uploaded in advance
- Battery powered
If you constantly hit the snooze button and need to be physically forced out of bed, Ruggie is a great alarm clock to get you there. This is the original rug alarm clock that makes you stand up, with pressure sensors that you can adjust to turn off the alarm after a certain number of seconds. Ruggie is not as smart as other alarm clocks, but for those who really struggle to get out of bed, it’s a great option.
- START EVERY DAY LIKE A CHAMP --- While others struggle out of bed... You’ll be up and starting your day like a champ! Ruggie needs to sense your pressure to stop its alarm! And overtime, this new morning routine will become a new and effortless habit.
- BEAT THE SNOOZE --- Ruggie is LOUD needs to sense your pressure for 3 seconds to stop the alarm. If 3 seconds isn’t enough, you can prolong it up to 30 seconds!
- WAKE UP MOTIVATED --- Wake up to personalized motivational MP3’s that reward you for getting out of bed! Simply connect Ruggie via USB and upload using our free software!
- INCREDIBLE COMFORT --- The incredibly soft and fluffy fabric on Ruggie is wrapped around slow-rebounding memory foam. It’ll be the most comfortable thing you’ll lay your feet on in the morning, forget the cold hardwood floors!
- EFFECTIVE & MINIMALISTIC --- Ruggie’s modern design is highly effective, and will look great in any room despite its function. Placed on the floor, you can clear room space from your other clocks!
WITTI BEDDI Style Smart Alarm Clock
- Controlled via smartphone app to set alarms and schedules
- Flexible scheduling: 4 different alarms to set on each/any day of the week
- Quality Bluetooth speaker connects to phone to play your favorite music as an alarm
- Able to set different playlists as alarm for different days of the week
- Color changing mood light reacts to music
- White noise generator included
- USB port to charge devices
- Customizable snooze settings
- Choose color variations and brightness levels
- Fully dimmable clock face
- Comes with black faceplate, but other designs can be purchased separately to customize look
- Easy to control via smartphone app
- Connects to smartphone playlists and listening apps
- Plenty of scheduling options for varying sleep schedules
- Color customization
- No voice control
- Doesn’t connect to other smart devices
The WITTI BEDDI Style Smart Alarm Clock has a lot to offer at a low price. It functions as a great speaker and alarm clock, and it has some of the best scheduling capabilities through its app. The simple design is customizable, from the lighting options to the faceplates you can buy separately. Our favorite feature is the ability to set different playlists for different days of the week, so you can choose high energy options or relaxed sounds for sleeping in on weekends.
How To Choose a Smart Alarm Clock: Buying Guide
Choosing a smart alarm clock doesn’t have to be difficult – the first step should be to consider your sleep and wake up patterns and look for features that will best fit your routine! To make things even easier, check out our buying guide with features to look for the best smart clocks.
Alarm Sound Options
How many alarm sounds can you choose from? Can you connect your own music to the alarm clock?
The best smart alarms offer various alarm sounds and typically allow you to connect your smartphone to play your own music. No one loves the classic beeping noise of an alarm clock, so look for one with sound options to choose from. Most of the best smart alarm clocks also function as speakers, so it should be easy to control the sound you wake up to.
Light Options and Settings
What lights are on your alarm clock? Even if your favorite alarm clock doesn’t have any fancy light settings, most have digital displays with light up clock faces. If you’re a finicky sleeper, you may want to look for a smart alarm clock that allows you to turn down the clock face lights so that it doesn’t disturb your sleep.
Our favorite smart alarm clock also functions as a wake up light, which has been clinically proven to ease the wake up process. Waking up to naturally increasing light can make for an easier transition into wakefulness, as opposed to a jarring, noisy wake up alarm.
Other light settings include LED lights that change colors, match the tone of your music, and more. Consider how the lights on your smart alarm clock will affect your sleep and wake up routines.
How do you control your alarm clock? Most smart alarm clocks can be controlled via smartphone app as well as the standard buttons on the clock itself. Some of the best smart alarm clocks also allow for voice control, so you can verbally set your alarm.
Ideally, your alarm clock should allow you to set repeating schedules, so you don’t have to remember to turn it on every night. The best alarm clocks also allow for different schedules for different days, so you can set later alarms on weekends or days off. Some also allow for various alarm times, in case a significant other has a different wake up schedule.
Consider how you control your alarm before purchasing, and how flexible and customizable those controls are. Think about not only how you set the alarm, but how you turn it off, snooze, and more.
Look at how smart your smart alarm clock is, and how much you care about the smart functions. Some of the clocks on our list have more smart capabilities than others, but some may prefer more or fewer smart features.
Some smart features to look for include voice control, integration with other smart devices, the compatible app, and more. If your smart alarm clock is connected to Alexa or Google Assistant, it can function as a smart hub or smart display as well to control other devices in your home.
Most of the smart alarm clocks on our list have other functions on top of the alarm. Most function as speakers to play music, radio, and more. Some also work as a wireless charger or have USB ports to connect a charging cable. The Amazon Echo is a full service smart display that can even play movies. Many also offer white noise or features to help you fall and stay asleep.
Look at all the features included and decide what matters most to you. Some people may only want their alarm clock to function as an alarm clock, while others may prefer a device that combines various gadgets into one.
What is a smart alarm clock?
A smart alarm clock is an alarm clock that connects to other devices or offers other features like voice control. “Smart” typically means that the alarm clock can connect to WiFi or a smartphone or tablet to control the clock remotely. Smart alarm clocks may have a wide range of features, including customizable schedules, voice control, app control, and more.
How does a smart alarm clock work?
Smart alarm clocks, like other smart devices, work by connecting via WiFi or Bluetooth. They can connect to devices like smartphones, or connect via app to other smart gadgets in your home. Different smart alarm clocks have varied functions that may work differently.
What is the most effective alarm clock?
The most effective alarm clock really depends on your sleep and wake up habits – what works for one person may not work for another. Recent studies have shown that wake up light alarm clocks – those that slowly light up your room with natural light settings – can best ease your wake up routine and give you a more restful wake up, for more energy throughout the day.
Find the best smart alarm clock for your needs! These alarm clocks feature plenty of intelligent features and cool ways to improve your sleep and make it easier to wake up in the morning.
Last update on 2021-04-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API