Everyone loves the idea of having a clean floor without ever lifting a finger or paying cleaning fees. With the invention of robot vacuums, this became a reality.
Obviously, getting a robotic vacuum cleaner will not completely eliminate the need for manual labor. Even the most high tech Roomba can’t dust your shelves or scrub a toilet. However, one of these small but mighty machines can drastically reduce your household chore workload.
Here are some of the best robot vacuums of 2020, complete with reviews to help you make the right purchase!
Top 10 Automatic Vacuums
Check out the top-rated and tested robot vacuums available today. Use our reviews to find the best robot vacuum for your home.
These are the Best Robot Vacuums:
- Eufy RoboVac 11s
- iRobot Roomba 960
- Ecovacs Deebot N79S
- Neato Botvac D4 Connected
- Eufy RoboVac 30c
- iRobot Roomba i7+
- Shark Ion Robot 750
- iRobot Roomba 690
- Ecovacs Deebot 901
- Samsung PowerBot R7070
Eufy RoboVac 11s
The Eufy RoboVac 11s is a great model if you are on a budget. It is compact and cleans efficiently, fitting under most furniture to clean hard-to-reach places.
- Included in the “Best robot vacuums of 2019” by Tom’s Guide.
- All-New RoboVac: Re-engineered to be the slimmest* RoboVac (2.85'') but with quiet operation and increased suction power at 1300Pa.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed to get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** on hardwood floors with consistent, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Automatically recharges so it's always ready to clean.
iRobot Roomba 960
The Roomba 960 has self-mapping and navigational capabilities, which includes a camera to map its location. It also has powerful suction and returns to its charging station once cleaning is complete, moving around obstacles with relative ease.
No products found.
Ecovacs Deebot N79S
The Ecovacs Deebot N79S is convenient to set up, easy to use, and can even pair with Alexa for voice control. It’s quiet, and has “cliff sensors” to avoid falling down the stairs. It also has a long battery life of 110 minutes and self charging ability.
- Max Mode Cleaning: Increase your cleaning power by 2x whenever you need using the app or remote control.
- Smart App & Voice Controls: Use Alexa or Google Home voice commands to direct cleaning. Use the ECOVACS App to customize, schedule & monitor cleaning sessions, accessory status, & receive error alerts
- Auto-Clean plus 3 Specialized Cleaning Modes: Smart motion guided auto-clean mode, plus single room & spot mode for targeted cleaning, & edge mode for hard-to-clean edges.
- Ecovacs Basic Features: Includes our unique 3-stage cleaning system, anti-drop & anti-collision sensors, 120 minute battery life, auto-return charging, automatic software update, durable protective bumpers, air filtration, anti-scratch finish, a large easy-to-empty dustbin, large wheels for climbing thresholds, etc.
- 1-Year Warranty, plus Accessories: Includes (1) remote control, (1) main brush, (2) side brushes, (1) docking station & fantastic customer support. Note, we can not guarantee after-sales service to customers outside the United States.
Neato Botvac D4 Connected
This reliable, sturdy vacuum features LaserSmart mapping and smart technology connections so you can control it from your smartphone. It has a run time of 75 minutes, but it can self re-charge twice during one cleaning cycle.
- CORNER CLEANING ‘D’ SHAPE DESIGN - round robots can’t reach corners, and corners are where the worst dirt hides. Our industry-leading design gets you a complete floor clean
- LASER SMART MAPPING - D4 technology intelligently navigates and maps your home, cleaning in straight lines instead of a random pattern - so you never miss a spot
- MASTERFUL ON MULTIPLE SURFACES - Neato D4 conquers any surface, from carpet, to hardwood, to kitchen tile.
- INTUITIVE OPERATION AND INTERFACE - Neato is simple to use. Our focus has always been on out-of-the-box, one-button, perfect cleaning.
- CLEAR WINNER IN INNOVATION - Get laser navigation, no-go lines, 70% bigger combo brush, smart-home interaction, app support, and most of all - real, autonomous, robotic vacuuming
Eufy RoboVac 30c
The Eufy 30c is a powerful and quiet competitor with smart technology, compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa. It has a strong suction, and you can set boundary strips to keep it in a specified cleaning zone.
- Wi-Fi Convenience: The EufyHome app, and Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant voice control-services let you accomplish your vacuuming needs with zero effort from you.
- Worry-Free Cleaning: Set Boundary Strips and the slim 2.85" body—upgraded to 1500Pa* suction—only cleans the areas you want.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed—so you get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** of constant, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave.
- What You Get: RoboVac 30C, 13.2 ft Boundary Strips, remote control (2 AAA batteries included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties, welcome guide, and our worry-free 12-month warranty.
iRobot Roomba i7+
The i7+ is a self cleaning model, including emptying its own dustbin. With its advanced navigation system and room recognition abilities, you can easily tell it to clean specific rooms and skip others, and even has the ability to map multiple floors of a home and remember the various rooms.
- CLEANS UP AFTER YOU, AND ITSELF - Forget about vacuuming for months at a time with the Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal that allows the i7 to empty itself for up to 60 days.
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE AND POWERFUL PICK-UP - Pulls in stubborn and messes with a Premium 3-Stage Cleaning System and 10X the Power-Lifting Suction. (Compared to the Roomba 600 series cleaning system)
- GUIDED BY SERIOUS SMARTS - With vSLAM navigation, the i7 learns the layout of your home and builds personal Smart Maps, enabling it to expertly clean and navigate in neat, efficient rows.
- VACUUMS MESSES IN THE MOMENT - Cleaning crumbs is now as easy as “Roomba, clean under the kitchen table.” A simple request to your voice assistant* or via the iRobot Home app enables the i7 to clean messes for you, right when they happen.
- COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR CLEAN - With Smart Mapping, your robot knows your kitchen from your living room, so you can decide where it cleans and when. With Keep Out Zones, your robot knows to avoid sensitive areas like pet bowls or play areas.
Shark Ion Robot 750
This Shark vacuum is best suited for hardwood and thin to medium length carpet. Smart navigational and mapping abilities make it easy for the Shark Ion to pivot on a dime if necessary, and it has powerful suction to clean your floors.
- THREE BRUSH TYPES. ONE POWERFUL CLEAN: Tri-Brush System combines side brushes, channel brushes, and a multi-surface brushroll to handle debris on all surfaces.
- COMPLETELY INTEGRATED IN YOUR HOME: Shark ION Robot senses ledges and stairs, avoids damaging furniture and walls, and maneuvers around potential stuck situations, truly knowing your home.
- CLEAN FROM YOUR PHONE: SharkClean app lets you start and stop cleaning and schedule your robot to clean whenever you want.
- EASY VOICE CONTROL: Use Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant to easily make the robot clean at your command in your connected home.
- BUILT, TESTED, AND PERFECTED: Shark puts their robots through rigorous testing, performing thousands of hours of real-life use to give you a reliable, ultra-powerful clean.
iRobot Roomba 690
The iRobot Roomba 690 has some of the best cleaning capabilities, and it’ss sturdy and easily repairable as well. It can connect to Wi-Fi, and even comes with a “virtual wall” to create boundaries for the Roomba.
- Sleek, premium design complements your home décor; Includes 1 dual mode virtual wall barrier for more control over where your robot cleans
- 3 stage cleaning system and dual multi surface brushes pick up everything from small particles to large debris
- Patented dirt detect sensors alert roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high traffic zones of your home
- Full suite of intelligent sensors guide the robot under and around furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Clean and schedule from anywhere with the iRobot home app; Compatible with amazon Alexa and the google assistant. Mobile device compatible software version: iphone: ios 11 or higher, android: OS 5.0 or higher
Ecovacs Deebot 901
This Deebot is a little nicer looking than the other models on this list. With smart navigation, Alexa compatibility, low sound levels, and high tech room mapping, this could be the most unobtrusive robot vacuum.
- Easy to navigate - This technology enables the DEEBOT to skillfully navigate and map your floor plan in real-time. The map is interactive, allowing freedom to customize.
- Easy to use - You can start, stop, or charge your DEEBOT with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, or mobile device via the ECOVACS app.
- Easy for deeper cleanings - DEEBOT has interchangeable suction plates to master carpet and hard floor cleaning. It also has edge and spot mode to concentrate on specific areas.
- Easy to update - Over the Air (OTA) means DEEBOT will automatically install updates via Wi-Fi. Also, DEEBOT informs you on its progress with real-time voice reporting.
- Note: Customer should connect Wi-Fi to 2.4g. Customer should try mapping a smaller area first to ensure products maps successfully.
Samsung PowerBot R7070
One side of this Samsung vacuum is flat, which is ideal for corner cleaning. It has smart navigation that accounts for different floor types, but it can be manually controlled, as well.
- 40x More Suction Power – Delivers 40x more powerful cleaning on all floor types when compared to a conventional robot vacuum with a circular design
- Self Clean Brush automatically detangles and removes pet hair that collects around the brush
- Edge Clean Master - An innovative rubber blade that extends out to clean hard to reach areas like corners and along the edges of the wall.
- Visionary Mapping and Full View Sensor 2. 0 - On-board camera and multiple sensors create the ideal cleaning path for multi-room cleaning while avoiding obstacles along the way. Coverage map shows you where POWERbot has cleaned.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity allows you to remotely control your robot vacuum on your smartphone** or through voice enabled devices such as Bixby, Amazon Alexa or the Google Assistant***
Final Thoughts on Robot Vacuums
Ultimately, the only way to know which is the best robot vacuum cleaner is to factor in which features are most important to you. Would you rather go with a more expensive model with powerful suction, or the cheaper option that gets the job done? Hopefully this robot vacuum comparison will help you on your quest to find the best robot vacuum of 2020! Need to clean hardwood? Check out robot mops as well!
Last update on 2022-10-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API