Thermostats have come a long way, especially with some of the best smart thermostats available today. They started off as bulky appliances that were difficult to program, and they were not always effective. Today, however, thermostats have joined the list of other smart home appliances.
Smart thermostats are not only easy to operate but also effective. Most importantly, however, is the fact that they are smart. They are programmable and much more flexible than their conventional predecessors.
Top 10 WiFi Thermostats
There are lots of thermostat options to choose from, and each has something unique to offer. Here is a review of the ten best WiFi thermostats of 2020.
These are the Best Smart Thermostats:
- Nest T4000ES Smart Thermostat
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat
- Mysa Smart Thermostat
- Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat
- Nest T3007ES Smart Thermostat
- Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat
- Honeywell T5 Smart Thermostat
- Lux Products Smart Thermostat
- Bosch BCC100 Smart Thermostat
- Kono KN-S-MG Smart Thermostat
Nest T4000ES Smart Thermostat
This Nest thermostat gives you the ability to adjust temperature remotely from anywhere, even halfway across the world, using an app on your phone. You can monitor and measure how much energy you use by compiling a log showing how much energy the different appliances around your home use.
- Programmable smart thermostat that learns the temperatures you like and programs itself to help you save energy and stay comfortable; start with a simple schedule and easily adjust it whenever you like in the Nest app
- Home/Away Assist automatically adjusts itself to an Eco Temperature after you leave, so you don’t heat or cool an empty home. Connectivity requirements-Wi-Fi internet connection, Phone or tablet running iOS or Android, Nest app
- Remote control lets family members change the temperature on this smart thermostat from anywhere using a phone, laptop, or tablet
- The Nest Thermostat E has HVAC monitoring, which looks out for your heating and cooling systems; sends an alert if something doesn’t seem right, along with helpful reminders to make maintenance easier
- The Nest Leaf appears when you choose a temperature that saves energy; with Energy History, just check your phone to see how much energy you used and find out how to save mo
Ecobee Smart Thermostat
This Ecobee thermostat gives you unlimited control over your home’s temperature. For starters, you can control it remotely via an app on your phone or using voice command through Alexa when connected to the WiFi. It is also programmable to automatically adjust your home’s temperature. It also has smart sensors that automatically control and adjust heating and cooling in rooms that you don’t use often.
- Save up to 26% annually on heating and cooling costs (compared to a hold of 72°F)
- Included SmartSensor extends comfort to your most important rooms
- Comes with Alexa Built-in for calls, music, and added control
- Automatically pauses your HVAC system anytime a door or window is left open (requires ecobee SmartSensor for doors and windows and a Haven subscription)
- Named “Best Overall Smart Thermostat of 2021” by CNET in May 2021
Mysa Smart Thermostat
This WiFi thermostat from Mysa is so smart that it works even with high and line voltage, and it is even capable of working with baseboard heaters. You can use remote control to change the temperature of your home with an app on your phone, or it works with voice command software. It also features a vacation mode that puts it to sleep where there are no occupants in the house.
- For High/Line Voltage Systems — Mysa works with 120-240V electric baseboards and electric fan-forced heaters and requires one neutral or second live wire.
- Save 26% on Your Energy Bill — Mysa helps you save money by using home energy more efficiently.
- Smart Integrations — Mysa works with Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple HomeKit. Stay cozy and connected.
- Sleek, Minimalist Design — Mysa’s premium look subtly enhances your home’s style. Goodbye, boring beige!
- Quick Install — Mysa installs easily in 15 minutes or less with step-by-step online guides and videos.
Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat
This thermostat comes with sensors that you can place in different rooms around the house to fine-tune and optimize temperatures. These sensors measure the room’s temperature as well as occupancy and automatically adjust temperatures to the optimal range. The Honeywell T9 thermostat is also capable of learning your preferences and adjusting itself automatically.
- LIVE AND SLEEP SMARTER. Choose the temperature in a specific room, like the bedroom, to be exactly what you want it to be, to help get a better night’s sleep. Or let the Smart Room Sensors automatically detect which rooms people are in and focus comfort where it matters automatically.
- AMAZING SENSOR RANGE. The battery powered Smart Room Sensors utilize unique Honeywell Home technology to deliver an efficient signal up to 200 ft range. (Could be further depending on home construction)
- MULTI-ROOM FOCUS. Don’t be forced to choose one room over another, the T9 Smart Thermostat can handle multiple rooms to focus on (requires sensors).Voltage: 24v. Smart Room Sensor Dimensions-2.6 x 2.6 x 0.77 inches
- SAVE MONEY AND ENERGY. Adjust your thermostat from anywhere with your mobile device, or let your home automatically react to your schedule with Auto Home/Away Scheduling. Save even more with possible inclusion in energy saving schemes from your utility provider. (Subject to availability in area)
- SMART RESPONSE AND ALERTS. Intelligently learns your home’s heating and cooling patterns to deliver the right temperature at the right time, and sending you filter and temperature alerts.
Nest T3007ES Smart Thermostat
This thermostat’s greatest capability is its ability to learn. It keeps a log of your heating and cooling preferences and automatically adjusts itself to just how you like it. It also measures temperatures around the house and automatically adjusts itself accordingly. The Nest T3007ES is also capable of automatically turning off when there is no one at home, hence saving you a pretty penny.
- No more programming: With Auto-Schedule, the Google Nest Learning Thermostat learns from you and programs itself.
- Home/Away Assist: don't heat or cool an empty home. Home/Away Assist adjusts the temperature after you leave.
- Remote control: Control your thermostat from anywhere using the Nest app.
- Know more, save more Check your Energy History to see how much energy you use and why.
- Look for the Leaf: The Nest Leaf appears when you choose a temperature that saves energy.
Ecobee4 Smart Thermostat
The Ecobee4 thermostat is designed to optimize temperatures around the whole house. It comes with room sensors that measure a room’s size, occupancy, and temperature. These sensors automatically adjust temperatures to provide heating and cooling where it is needed most. It is also compatible with Alexa smart technology, so you can issue voice commands directly.
No products found.
Honeywell T5 Smart Thermostat
The greatest trademark of this thermostat is its flexibility. Like any other smart thermostat, this one is controllable using an app over the phone. It is also compatible with voice control technologies, including Alexa and Siri. Additionally, it features geo-fencing technology, which means that its usage can be limited to certain rooms or the whole house. It is also Energy Star Certified.
- The Lyric T5 is fully compatible with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit, Google Assistant, IFTTT, Cortana and other ecosystems
- 7-Day Flexible Scheduling or Location Based Temperature control (GeoFencing)
- Adaptive recovery learns how long it takes to achieve the right temperature at the right time and automatically runs your system to get to your desired temperature when you want it, with auto change from heat to cool
- Smart Alerts - push notifications for filter changes and extreme temperature warnings keeps you informed
- Easy to install using Honeywell Home's exclusive universal wall plate (included)
Lux Products Smart Thermostat
The thermostat is also easy to install and comes with an Android and iOS app that gives you total control over it. It can also be controlled via voice command through Alexa. It works with three power options: lithium batteries, a micro-USB connection, and C-wire. The app also features geo-fencing, which puts the HVAC to rest when you are not home, thus saving on energy.
- Installs quickly like a standard thermostat. Unique horizontal or vertical mount capability.
- Easy set-up and programming directly from unit.
- Free iOS or Android App makes home comfort flexible & mobile.
- App features geofencing option with easy "away" and "back" settings for added savings and comfort.
- Three power options: battery only (2-AA lithium batteries included), micro-USB connection (cord not included) or system power (C-wire).
Bosch BCC100 Smart Thermostat
The Bosch BCC100 thermostat comes with a wide range of features. For starters, it is programmable, which means that you can automatically schedule your home’s heating and cooling cycles. You can program the thermostat to automatically switch off when you are out and switch back on just shortly before going back home. It can also be controlled via your smartphone or voice command.
- SAVE ENERGY AND MONEY: This Alexa-enabled, internet-connected programmable thermostat simply connects to Wi-Fi to control temperature and settings from your smart phone or tablet (fully functional without Wi-Fi as well)
- MODERN SLEEK TOUCH SCREEN: The full color, 5-inch display touchscreen allows easy scheduling to provide the most comfortable temperature for your home from anywhere
- MULTI-USE COMPATIBILITY: Including heat pump (4 Heat, 2 Cool) or conventional (2 Heat, 2 Cool) systems, any 1-wire internally powered humidifier or dehumidifier, and most 24 VAC HVAC equipment on the market. Not compatible with other Bosch Boiler controls, such as the Logamatic
- NEW COMMERCIAL UPDATES: Updates allow control of both evaporation and steam type external humidifier accessories. Plus, hot gas reheat and cool to dehumidify capabilities. Now Dual Fuel system compatible; may work with HVAC systems that use both gas and electric power (more information on updates in product description)
- C-WIRE REQUIRED: A C-wire (common wire) is required to power the unit. Two wire systems are not supported. The C-wire is used to provide power to the thermostat and is available on most HVAC systems today that have three or more wires. Third party aftermarket products exist for adding powering options in instances where a C-wire does not exist
Kono KN-S-MG Smart Thermostat
This Kono thermostat is primarily built to regulate temperature. It doesn’t come with most of the smart capabilities of other programmable thermostats in the list. However, it is compatible with all forms of heating and cooling, including oil and electric furnaces as well as gas and forced air. It also has powerful heat pumping systems that work with or without auxiliary and emergency heating.
- Is not available for iOS and Android products
- Does NOT work with Amazon Alexa and Apple home kit
- Powered by system (c-wire) or the included Lux power bridge
- Compatibility: forced air, gas, Oil & electric furnaces (up to 2H/1C)
- Heat pump systems (with or without AUX/emergency heat)
Smart thermostats are a great investment to not only enhance your home value and your life at home, but also to save money on heating and cooling bills! Pick from our top-rated WiFi thermostats to find the best options on the market.
Last update on 2021-08-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API