Everyone loves the idea of having a clean floor without ever lifting a finger or paying cleaning fees. With the invention of robot vacuums, this became a reality.
Over the past few years, robot vacuums have come quite a long way. Many of these improvements come with a price drop, too, so you don’t need to break the bank to buy them!
Obviously, getting a robot vacuum cleaner will not completely eliminate the need for manual labor. Even the most high tech Roomba can’t dust your shelves or scrub a toilet. However, one of these small but mighty machines can drastically reduce your household chore workload.
How, though, do you know which is the best robot vacuum for you? Here are some of the best robot vacuums of 2020, complete with reviews to help you make the right purchase!
- 1 Best Robot Vacuums:
- 2 Best Robot Vacuum – Reviews:
- 2.1 Eufy RoboVac 11s
- 2.2 iRobot Roomba 960
- 2.3 Ecovacs Deebot N79S
- 2.4 Neato Botvac D4 Connected
- 2.5 Eufy RoboVac 30c
- 2.6 iRobot Roomba i7+
- 2.7 Shark Ion Robot 750
- 2.8 iRobot Roomba 690
- 2.9 Ecovacs Deebot 901
- 2.10 Samsung PowerBot R7070
- 3 What is the Best Robot Vacuum? The Quick and Easy Buyer’s Guide
- 4 Conclusion
Best Robot Vacuums:
- Eufy RoboVac 11s
- iRobot Roomba 960
- Ecovacs Deebot N79S
- Neato Botvac D4 Connected
- Eufy RoboVac 30c
- iRobot Roomba i7+
- Shark Ion Robot 750
- iRobot Roomba 690
- Ecovacs Deebot 901
- Samsung PowerBot R7070
Eufy RoboVac 11s
The Eufy RoboVac 11s is compact, quick, and efficient. It’s also one of the cheapest automatic vacuum cleaner models available. It is not as technologically advanced as some of the other models on this list. However, it can still compete with the best of them.
It has a “cliff sensor” to keep it from taking a tumble down the stairs or over other precarious ledges. It also features a slightly longer battery life than the previous RoboVac 11 model, but at only 100 minutes, it still leaves something to be desired. It does have a quiet sound, which makes it much more pleasant to leave running around the house.
It does not have a companion app, but it runs via remote. The navigation system it uses is better for smaller spaces, but there are ways to make it work in larger ones. It’s compact 2.85 inches is great for smaller spaces, like under beds and sofas.
- Efficient cleaner with multiple modes
- Very affordable
- Compact and easily fits under furniture
- Quiet and quick
- Decent battery life, but lower than most of its competitors
- No companion app, runs via remote
- Has a somewhat simple navigation system, better suited to smaller rooms
- Scheduling options are limited
The Eufy RoboVac 11s is a great model if you are on a budget or looking for a cheap robot vacuum. If you’re okay without the extra techno flairs and a somewhat basic system in order to have a great price, then check out the Eufy RoboVac 11s on Amazon!
- "Best robot vacuums of 2019" by tom's guide.
- All-New RoboVac: Re-engineered to be the slimmest* RoboVac (2. 85'') but with quiet operation and increased suction power at 1300Pa.
- BoostIQ Technology: Automatically increases suction power within 1. 5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed to get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Vacuums for up to 100 minutes** on hardwood floors with consistent, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave.
- Premium Features: Anti-scratch tempered glass-top cover for protection, infrared-sensor for evading obstacles, and drop-sensing tech to avoid falls. Automatically recharges so it’s always ready to clean.
iRobot Roomba 960
Chances are high that you have heard someone refer to robot vacuums as simply roombas. Roomba is actually a trademark of the iRobot brand, so knowing it’s a household name could give you an idea of how popular these models are. The iRobot Roomba 960 is one of iRobot’s “older” models, but still popular and hard working.
It does come with a bit of price tag, though it’s not the most expensive option out there. The 960 has the iRobot navigational system, which includes a camera to map its location. It moves in grid-like patterns, establishing its own location. It also has the ability to connect to some voice activated programs, such as Alexa. Once it’s set up, this floor cleaning robot is off and running.
The technological features, like its self-mapping and navigational capabilities, make this model well worth the price tag, It also has quite powerful suction. It returns to its charging station once cleaning is complete, and moves around obstacles with relative ease. It doesn’t have a long battery life – about 75 minutes – but it does all its charging on its own once you set it up.
- Self mapping and self navigating
- Advanced cleaning
- Extra technological connections/works with Alexa
- Can be scheduled and left alone
- Works on carpet and hardwood
- Not a long battery life (but charges itself)
- Good with pet dander, but has trouble with long hairs
The 960 is one of the better roomba vacuum options out there. It’s expensive, but considering its features and the price tag compared to other models from iRobot, it’s actually a good deal. For a taste of why Roomba is a household name, you can buy the 960 on Amazon.
- Capacity volume :0.82 liter; Power Lifting Suction delivers 5X the air power for improved pick up performance; (Compared to Roomba 600 Series)
- Intelligently maps and cleans an entire level of your home; Patented iAdapt 2.0 technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage
- Ideal for homes with pets; Premium 3 stage Cleaning System cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don't
- Unique Dual Multi Surface Rubber Brushes adjust and flex to stay in constant contact with carpets and hard floors
- High Efficiency Filter traps 99 percent of cat and dog allergens
Ecovacs Deebot N79S
The Ecovacs Deebot N79S is one of the most affordable and cost effective robo vacs on this list. Convenient to set up, easy to use, the Deebot N79S is not the most up to date option from Ecovacs, but it remains one of its most popular. The N79S is a simple, inconspicuous bot that cleans up rooms with ease.
The N79S pairs up with Alexa for voice control abilities, as well as easily connecting to Wi-Fi. You can set up a remote on your smartphone or use the classic remote. It’s much quieter than many of the competitors. It has “cliff sensors” like many modern robo vacs, so it won’t go careening down the stairs while you aren’t home. It has powerful suction, and a decent running time of 110 minutes. It also self charges.
- Very affordable
- Amazon and Google Assistant connection capabilities
- Good world sensors
- Can get stuck under furniture occasionally
- More for surface cleaning than deep cleaning
- Some people have issues connecting to the Wi-Fi
The N79S is an affordable robot vacuum cleaner that does everything it should. It’s quiet, a little plain, and easy to use. If you’re looking for an affordable automatic vacuum to do some light cleaning for you, be sure to grab the Ecovacs Deebot N79S from Amazon!
- READY FOR ANY MESS: Equipped with two side brushes and a main brush, DEEBOT will sweep, lift, and vacuum to clean an entire floor (Auto mode), a small area (Spot mode), or the edge of your floor (Edge mode)
- VOICE & APP CONTROLS: Alexa & Google Assistant voice commands. ECOVACS Smart App comes w/ 5+ advanced features including direct control, scheduling, status updates, cleaning modes, accessories status, etc
- MAX MODE POWER: Increase suction power by up to 2X for particularly troublesome messes
- UP TO 110 MINUTE RUNTIME: A longer battery life for even more cleaning Auto return & charging means your robot will always be ready to clean
- STANDARD: 1 Year Warranty. Comes w/ (1) charging dock, (4) side brushes, (2) high efficiency air filter, (1) remote control w/ battery), (1) cleaning tool, Customer Support
Neato Botvac D4 Connected
The Neato Botvac D4 Connected is one of the older models in the “Connected” series, but no less effective. With many of the smart technology capabilities of its descendants, the D4 is a reliable, sturdy robo vac with great capabilities. It does have a bit of a high price tag, but comes with lots of bells and whistles to make it worth the cost.
The Botvac D4 can connect to Alexa or Google Assistant with ease. It uses Neato’s LaserSmart Mapping and Navigation system to determine room layouts and avoid obstacles. It has a run time of about 75 minutes on one charge, and can self-recharge up to twice per cleaning. It can also integrate with smartphones and Apple Watches. It does has quite a loud presence.
- Smartphone and smart technology connections
- LaserSmart mapping ability
- Smart charging twice per cleaning cycle
- “D” design allows for corner cleaning
- Not the most appealing to look at
- Can encounter navigational issues
A lot of the newer versions of the “D” series have stronger abilities than the D4, but it’s still a great option. With its LaserSmart mapping and smart technology connections, it can make any room spotless. Check out the Neato Botvac D4 Connected on Amazon!
- Dustbin capacity - 0.7 liters. Corner-cleaning ‘D’ design - round robots can’t reach corners, and corners are where the worst dirt hides. Our industry-leading design gets you a complete floor clean
- LaserSmart mapping - D4 technology intelligently navigates and maps your home, cleaning in straight lines instead of a random pattern -- so you never miss a spot
- Masterful on multiple surfaces - Neato D4 conquers any surface, from carpet, to hardwood, to kitchen tile.
- Intuitive operation and interface. Neato is simple to use. Our focus has always been on out-of-the-box, one-button, perfect cleaning.
- Clean winner in innovation. Get laser navigation, no-go lines, 70% bigger combo brush, smart-home interaction, app support, and most of all. . . real, autonomous, robotic vacuuming!
Eufy RoboVac 30c
Like the other Eufy RoboVac on the list, the 30c is a powerful and quiet competitor for best robo vac of 2020. With many of the same features as the 11s, added smart technology and an even quieter system, the 30c is a great improvement in the Eufy family. It also remains relatively affordable in comparison.
This contender for best automatic vacuum is exceptionally quiet. Many consumers note that they can barely even hear it as it cleans. It is compatible with Google Assistant and Alexa for voice commands. It comes with boundary strips to establish where you want its cleaning zones. It also is compact enough to slip by furniture, and has strong suction.
- Can connect with smart technology like Amazon’s Alexa
- Powerful suction
- Comes with boundary strips
- Has some app troubles
- Not as repairable as some others
- Not suited for ALL carpets (good for most)
The 30c, like the 11S, is not the end all, be all of robo-vacs. However, it does do a great job, and its quiet nature nearly makes it worth it. The powerful suction and affordability don’t hurt, either. Read all about the Eufy RoboVac 30c on Amazon!
- Wi-Fi Convenience: The EufyHome app, and Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant voice control-services let you accomplish your vacuuming needs with zero effort from you.
- Worry-Free Cleaning: Set Boundary Strips and the robotic vacuum cleaner’s slim 2.85” body with—upgraded to 1500Pa* suction—only cleans the areas you want.
- BoostIQ Technology: The robotic vacuum cleaner will automatically increase suction power within 1.5 seconds when extra vacuuming strength is needed—so you get the best clean.
- A Quiet Clean: Up to 100 minutes** of constant, powerful suction at a volume no louder than an operating microwave from this robotic vacuum cleaner.
- What You Get: RoboVac 30C, 13.2 ft Boundary Strips, remote control (2 AAA batteries included), charging base, AC power adapter, cleaning tool, extra set of high-performance filters, 4 side brushes, 5 cable ties, welcome guide, and our worry-free 12-month warranty.
iRobot Roomba i7+
If you’re looking for the ideal iRobot vacuum that exemplifies the Roomba brand name, this is the one. When people think of a roomba, they think of a little bot they can just let loose and watch it clean. The i7+ is as close as it gets. It has lots of extra features – but a hefty price tag to go with it.
The i7+ is a self cleaning model, including emptying its own dustbin. With its advanced navigation system and room recognition abilities, you can easily tell it to clean specific rooms and skip others. It can connect to Alexa and Google Assistant. It even has the ability to map multiple floors of a home and remember the various rooms! Plus it has cliff sensors to keep it from falling down the stairs.
- Multi floor mapping
- Smart navigation system
- Can connect to Alexa or Google
- Self cleaning
- Powerful suction on multiple floor types
- More expensive than most models
- Self cleaning mechanisms can become clogged
- Can be noisy
Many reviews call this the best robot vacuum for pet hair, and it’s a customer favorite. We are inclined to agree. The self cleaning capabilities, smart mapping, and room remembrance make it so that this robot truly does it all for you. To see all the features of the i7+, check them out on Amazon!
- Empties on its own : you don’t have to think about vacuuming for months at a time; Clean Base Automatic Dirt Disposal with AllergenLock bag holds 60 days of dirt, dust and hair
- Power Lifting Suction delivers 10X the air power for improved pick up performance; Premium 3 Stage Cleaning System cleans the dirt and pet hair you see and the allergens and dust you don't; (Compared to Roomba 600 Series)
- Intelligently maps and remembers multiple floor plans to clean your entire home; Patented iAdapt 3.0 technology with vSLAM navigation actively captures thousands of precise measurements each millisecond to optimize coverage
- Imprint Smart Mapping enables the robot to learn, map and adapt to your home, allowing you to choose which rooms are cleaned and when; Keep Out Zones offer added control to actively avoid specific areas and objects in your home.
- Ideal for homes with pets; High Efficiency Filter and AllergenLock bags trap 99 percent of pollen, mold, and dust mites so they don’t escape back into the air
Shark Ion Robot 750
This Shark robot vacuum has it all. Best suited for hardwood and thin to medium length carpet, the 750 is a prime example of a good robo vac. Relatively affordable and well designed, this Shark Ion model would be great in almost any home. It may not be the best for homes with pets that shed a lot, but otherwise it’s a great bot.
Smart navigational and mapping abilities make it easy for the Shark Ion to pivot on a dime if necessary. It has powerful suction, though it works the most on hardwood and thin to medium carpets. In fact, it could even be the best robot vacuum for hardwood floors, depending who you ask. It also is well designed and quiet.
- Great for hardwood and shorter carpets
- Great navigational system
- Well designed
- Does not work on higher or longer carpets
- Somewhat small dustbin
If you don’t have any long haired pets, this is perfect for you. It makes hardwood floors shine and its great mapping tech makes it easy to avoid collisions. Buy it on Amazon today!
- Dust cup capacity - 0.5 quarts. Wi-Fi enabled for smartphone app and voice control with the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa
- Smart Sensor Navigation avoids traps and overcomes obstacles
- Self-cleaning brush roll captures short and long hair, dust, dander, and allergens
- Long-life lithium-ion battery
- Easy-to-use BotBoundary strips create no-go areas for your robot
iRobot Roomba 690
The iRobot Roomba 690 is one of the company’s older models, but it truly does withstand the test of time. In the right hands, this bot can last for many years. It is a bit larger and clunkier than those after it, but it does some of the best cleaning in the business.
It has the ability to connect to Alexa or Google. Its quick navigation system give it random bursts, and it works better in smaller spaces. Still, it has some of the best cleaning capabilities. Its sturdy and easily repairable, as well. It can connect to Wi-Fi, and even comes with a “virtual wall” to create boundaries for the Roomba.
- Somewhat affordable
- Connects to Alexa/Google
- “Virtual wall” for boundary
- Strong suction
- Easily repaired
- A bit larger and louder than other roombas
- Navigation makes its movements random
The 690 may be older, but it holds up. With strong cleaning capabilities and durability, it’s easily one of the best deals you can get for a roomba. It may even be the ideal robot vacuum for pet hair. Check it out on Amazon now!
- Patented Dirt Detect sensors alert Roomba to work harder on concentrated areas of dirt, such as high traffic zones of your home
- Sleek, premium design complements your home décor; includes 1 Dual Mode Virtual Wall Barrier for more control over where your robot cleans
- 3 Stage Cleaning System and Dual Multi Surface Brushes pick up everything from small particles to large debris
- Full suite of intelligent sensors guide the robot under and around furniture to help thoroughly clean your floors
- Clean and schedule from anywhere with the iRobot HOME App; compatible with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant.Mobile Device compatible Software Version: iPhone: iOS 11 or Higher,Android: OS 5.0 or Higher
Ecovacs Deebot 901
This Deebot is a little nicer looking than the other models on this list. With smart navigation and Alexa compatibility, the 901 has an easy leg up over its sister model. With low sound levels and high tech room mapping, this could be the most unobtrusive robo vac on this list.
It has a quiet running system. Its smart laser technology easily maps rooms and cleans open, available areas. The navigation helps it avoid obstacles. Once connected to the Wi-Fi, and/or Alexa, the Deebot will automatically install updates with no extra effort. It also handles deep cleaning really well.
- Longer run time than other Deebot
- Self charging
- Smart navigation
- Alexa/Google compatible
- A little expensive
- No robot vacuum and mop detection – just the vacuum
The 901 is a simple but elegant robo vac that can handle most of what you throw at it, and for a semi-reasonable price. Buy it now on Amazon!
Samsung PowerBot R7070
Samsung is not just for phones and televisions! While perhaps not the best robot vacuum for pet hair, the Samsung PowerBot R7070 is a great little robo vac for those just stepping into the game. While a little on the pricey side, it does have a lot of fun features. It does its job very well.
One side is flat, which is ideal for corner cleaning. It has smart navigation that accounts for different floor types, but it can be manually controlled, as well. It has powerful suction and an okay battery life. It also has an accompanying app, which allows you to control the bot remotely. It can connect to Alexa for voice commands as well.
- Powerful suction
- Smart navigation
- Manual steering option
- Can accommodate different floor types
- App connection is flighty at best
- Not the longest battery life
While Samsung’s bot is by no means at the top, it is still a solid model with a lot of great features. It’s not half bad to look at, either. If you want one for yourself, buy one from Amazon today!
- Dirt capacity - .3 liters
- Cleaning Speed:32cm/sec
What is the Best Robot Vacuum? The Quick and Easy Buyer’s Guide
So what do you look for in a good robot vacuum cleaner? It really depends on what you hope to use it for, but here are a few basic characteristics to look at. Look at other robot vacuum cleaner reviews for some guidance, as well.
Almost all versions of a robot floor cleaner have their own navigational systems. How self sufficient do you want your automatic vacuum cleaner to be? Make sure to take that into account.
Does it get stuck or quit mid cycle?
This can usually be determined from other user reviews. Some larger models have a tendency to get stuck under furniture and turn off. Others don’t have self charging stations and simply turn off when battery runs out. Check to see if your desired robot vacuum has these kinds of issues.
What is the best robot vacuum for pet hair? What about the best robot vacuum for carpet? Take some time to look into what kind of flooring the robo-vac works best with. Some do only carpet, some do carpet and hardwood – look for robot mops as well if you want to clean hard floors. If you have animals, make sure you take into account which is the best robot vacuum for pets.
Some can be a bit loud, and some can sound like a gentle fan. Try the model out beforehand if you can, to see how bearable the sound is. Even the top rated robot vacuum might sound horrendous.
Battery life/run time
A lot of models are self charging nowadays, and will run to their charger when they are dying without prompting. Some options don’t have this ability. Know how self sufficient you need your robo-vac to be before buying.
Ultimately, the only way to know which is the best robot vacuum cleaner is to factor in which features are most important to you. Would you rather go with a more expensive model with powerful suction, or the cheaper option that gets the job done? Hopefully this robot vacuum comparison and buyer’s guide will help you on your quest to find the best robot vacuum of 2020!