The best gaming keyboards will improve your gaming experience with fast response keys, ergonomic designs, and programmable keys to fit your style of gaming.
Most professional gaming boards are equipped with mechanical keys, making for faster typing and in-game responses, and some come with rows of customizable macro keys that you can personalize exactly to your favorite game. These features make for controls purposely built for PC gaming rather than simply using standard equipment for browsing the web or typing up documents.
Top 10 Gaming Keyboards
Read over our in-depth review of the best gaming keyboards available in 2020, to make sure you buy the best you can get for your money.
These are the Best Gaming Keyboards:
- Razer Huntsman Elite Gaming Keyboard
- HyperX Alloy Elite Gaming Keyboard
- SteelSeries Apex M750 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- CORSAIR K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- Razer Ornata Chroma Gaming Keyboard
- HyperX Alloy Core Membrane Gaming Keyboard
- LogiTech G213 Gaming Keyboard
- Roccat Vulcan 120 AIMO Gaming Keyboard
- Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- CORSAIR K68 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Razer Huntsman Elite Gaming Keyboard
The Razer Huntsman Elite is a bit pricey, but its craftsmanship and aesthetic appeal makes it worth purchasing. The keys curve slightly to fit your fingertips, which offers ideal comfort and ease of use during gameplay.
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc, US Retail Tracking Service, Gaming Designed: Keyboards, Mice, PC Headsets, and PC Microphones, Based on dollar sales, Jan 2017- June 2020 combined
- Faster Than Legacy Mechanical Switches: Razer Optical switches use light-based actuation, registering key presses at the speed of light (30% shorter actuation distance than other clicky switches at 15 mm) with satisfying, clicky feedback
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma: Fully syncs with popular games, Razer hardware, Philips Hue, and gear from 30+ partners; supports 168 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Quality, Aluminum Construction: Covered with a matte, aluminum top frame for increased structural integrity
- Ergonomic, Magnetic Wrist Rest: Made of plush leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions (with built-in underglow lighting)
HyperX Alloy Elite Gaming Keyboard
The HyperX Alloy Elite is one of the best mechanical keyboards in terms of quality and professionalism. It has multiple lighting effects and three Cherry MX switch types for your preferred style.
- Unique radiant light bar and dynamic RGB lighting effects
- HyperX NGenuity software provides advanced customization
- Store up to three favorite lighting and macro profile settings with the on board memory
- Solid steel frame provides durability and stability, CHERRY MX mechanical keys for reliability
- Comfortable, detachable wrist rest with soft touch coating
SteelSeries Apex M750 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The SteelSeries Apex M750 offers users precise control of key assignments and backlighting for playing during day or night. It is relatively quiet, has a strong, durable build, and a compact design that makes it fairly portable.
- Pure performance QX2 linear mechanical gaming switches
- Durable 5000 Series aluminum alloy
- Real time Discord in game lighting notifications
- Easy and intuitive per key RGB lighting customization
- Reactive illumination to in game events like low ammo, health, kills, and more
CORSAIR K95 RGB Platinum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
The Corsair K95 is a great product for both beginners and pros, with easy upkeep and a compact design. It grants you complete control over the various backlighting options, and it features 6 macro keys along the side of the board.
- Aircraft grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Built to withstand a lifetime of gaming. Lightweight and rugged durability, necessary for a keyboard that's going to see a lot of action
- 8MB profile storage with hardware macro and lighting playback: Allow access up to three stored profiles on the go, independent of external software. Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, or Windows Vista
- Dynamic multicolor per key backlighting with light edge: Adjust each key's color and illumination level in addition to 19 zones on the top edge light bar for sophisticated and dramatic animations
- 100 percentage Cherry MX Speed RGB mechanical key switches: Unleash blistering speed with the 1.2 millimeter actuation and durability of gold contact Cherry MX mechanical key switches
- 6 programmable G keys for in game macros: Assign single keystrokes or complex multi key combos to any of the 6 dedicated macro keys. Full key (NKRO) with 100 percentage anti-ghosting. HID keyboard report rate: 1000 Hz
Razer Ornata Chroma Gaming Keyboard
The Razer Ornata Chroma can be described as a cross between a mechanical and a rubber dome keyboard. It uses a mecha-membrane switch which improves typing feel and eliminates wobble, and includes a magnetic wrist rest.
- The #1 Best-Selling Gaming Peripherals Manufacturer in the US: Source - The NPD Group, Inc. U.S. Retail Tracking Service, Keyboards, Mice, PC Headset/Pc Microphone, Gaming Designed, based on dollar sales, 2017-2021
- High-Performance Mecha-Membrane Switches Provides the tactile feedback of mechanical key press on a comfortable soft-cushioned membrane rubber dome switch suitable for gaming
- Ultimate Personalization & Gaming Immersion with Razer Chroma Fully syncs with popular games Razer hardware Philips Hue and gear from 30+ partners supports 16 8 million colors on individually backlit keys
- Fully Programmable Macro Support Razer Hypershift allows for all keys and keypress combinations to be remapped to execute complex commands
- Ergonomic Magnetic Wrist Rest Made of soft-touch leatherette to maximize comfort over extended gaming sessions with built-in magnets for convenient alignment
HyperX Alloy Core Membrane Gaming Keyboard
The HyperX Alloy Core is solidly built with quiet yet responsive keys and a low response time. It is spill resistance and lightweight, and it’s compatible with Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 10.
- Signature Light Bar and dynamic RGB lighting effects so you can personalize your battle station and bring it to life with 6 preset LED lighting effects
- Durable solid Frame for long lasting durability and stability
- Quiet and Responsive Keys with Anti-Ghosting: Key rollover lets you press keys simultaneously and every keystroke will register and be perfectly executed in the order pressed as quickly as it was input. No lost keystrokes from simultaneous signals
- Spill Resistant to prevent damage from accidental spills
- Dedicated Media Controls so you can conveniently control media
Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard
This is a great option from Logitech at an affordable price, offering comfort for gamers on a budget. It has Color Spectrum Illumination that can customize 5 lighting zones with over 16.8 million colors, so you can stylishly game in the dark.
- Prodigy Series Logitech G keyboard for advanced gaming-grade performance up to 4x faster than standard keyboards so every keypress is near instantaneous from fingers to screen
- Brilliant Color Spectrum Illumination lets you easily personalize up to 5 lighting zones from over 16.8 million colors to match your style and gaming gear
- Tactile performance keys tuned for gaming with responsive and more. LCD Display: No
- Dedicated media control let you quickly play, pause, skip and adjust the volume of music right from the keyboard
- Easily customize key lighting, 12 Function keys with custom commands, and more with free Logitech Gaming Software
Roccat Vulcan 120 AIMO Gaming Keyboard
The Roccat Vulcan 120 AIMO guarantees that every keystroke registers, so you’ll never misfire. It has a sleek brushed aluminum plate, 16.8 million RGB colors, dedicated media keys, and other cool effects.
- Roccat Titan switches – tactile and crisp Brown mechanical switches
- Aimo illumination – RGB backlighting and LED lighting effects
- Durable design – robust materials and switches that resist dust build-up
- Advanced anti-ghosting – NKRO – Full n-key rollover means every key stroke registers
- Detachable wrist rest – Works via magnetic mechanism, ergonomic & comfortable
Redragon K552 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
This is one of the cheaper options on this list, but that doesn’t impact its quality. It has custom mechanical switches, anti-ghosting technology, and crystal-clear backlighting.
- Tenkeyless compact mechanical gaming keyboard Redragon k552 tkl small compact with dust proof mechanical switches cherry mx red equivalent Linear switches quiet click sound fast action with minimal resistance without a tactile bump feel
- Rainbow LED RGB backlit mechanical USB gaming keyboard 19 different lighting effects and game modes 2 user defined modes 6 colors multiple brightness level breathing speed precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- Ergonomic designed steel series mechanical game keyboards high-quality durable metal-abs construction with plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up even during the most testing marathon gaming sessions
- Anti ghosting all 87 keys are conflict free nkey rollover featuring 12 multimedia keyboard keys and a non-slip ergonomic, splash-proof design comes with gold-plated high-speed corrosion free USB connector for a reliable connection
- Compatible with windows 10, windows 8, windows 7, windows vista, or windows xp, limited mac os keyboard support works well with all major computers brands and gaming pcs.
CORSAIR K68 Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Users of all skill levels can appreciate the versatile customization and accurate play this CORSAIR keyboard allows. It is spill and dust-proof, has a grip-textured spacebar for accuracy, and customizable RGB backlighting.
- Connectivity Technology: Usb 2.0 Type-A
While a fancy monitor, headset, and mouse will enhance your PC gaming experience, the right board will arguably have the most positive impact.
The right gaming board should be aesthetically pleasing and able to keep up with your active gameplay. Learn which type of switch is best for your style of gaming and pick the right product for your needs. It’s time to ditch your standard board that wasn’t designed with gaming in mind. Check out one of these keyboards for gaming today!
Last update on 2021-08-05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API