Smoke detectors are an essential life-saving feature of any property – should a fire break out in another room or floor of your house, these alarms alert everyone inside and around so they can get to safety. However, like with most home appliances, technology has advanced enough to come up with more efficient and high-tech models of traditional smoke detectors.
With a smart smoke detector, you can get phone alerts to smoke, fire and carbon monoxide (CO) in your property even when you’re not there. These models can detect smoke and CO faster than battery-powered sensors, ensuring your home and family are safer than ever before.
- 1 Top 9 Smart Smoke Alarms
- 1.1 These are the Best Smart Smoke Detectors:
- 1.2 Google Nest Protect Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- 1.3 Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener
- 1.4 Samsung SmartThings ADT Smoke Alarm
- 1.5 Leeo Smart Alert Smoke/CO Remote Alarm Monitor for iOS and Android
- 1.6 Onelink Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector
- 1.7 First Alert Alexa Enabled Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector
- 1.8 Ecolink Zwave Plus Wireless Audio Detector for Existing Smoke/CO Sensors
- 1.9 Honeywell SiX Two-Way Wireless Technology Smoke Detector
- 1.10 First Alert Z-Wave Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm | Battery Powered and Compatible with Ring Alarm Security System
- 2 Final Thoughts on Smart Smoke Detectors
Top 9 Smart Smoke Alarms
Interested in upgrading your home safety systems? Look no further than our top picks of smart smoke alarms available in 2020.
These are the Best Smart Smoke Detectors:
- Google Nest Protect Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
- Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener
- Samsung SmartThings ADT Smoke Alarm
- Leeo Smart Alert Smoke/CO Remote Alarm Monitor for iOS and Android
- Onelink Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector
- First Alert Alexa Enabled Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Ecolink Zwave Plus Wireless Audio Detector for existing Smoke/CO sensors
- Honeywell SiX Two-Way Wireless Technology Smoke Detector
- First Alert Z-Wave Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm
Google Nest Protect Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm
Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener
- Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener alerts you on your smart phone when your existing smoke and carbon monoxide detectors sound their alarms.
- This device does not detect fire, smoke or carbon monoxide and is intended to work with UL listed smoke and CO detectors that are 10 years old or less.
- Easy setup in minutes—without tools or professional installation. Requires Ring Alarm Security System (sold separately).
- Manage Ring Alarm Smoke and CO Listener and other Ring products with the Ring app.
- Battery life 3 years max. Batteries are replaceable.
Samsung SmartThings ADT Smoke Alarm
- Know when there’s smoke or extreme temperatures in your home
- Receive alerts or set lights and other connected devices to turn onand off when extreme temperatures or smoke is detected in your home
- Initiate optional ADT professional monitoring services
- Get ADT Professional Monitoring Services with low month to month rates and no long term contracts
- Requires an SmartThings ADT Security Starter Kit (F ADT STR KT 1). Will not pair with SmartThings Hub nor any other ADT panels
Leeo Smart Alert Smoke/CO Remote Alarm Monitor for iOS and Android
- Monitors your existing smoke and carbon monoxide alarms 24/7 and alerts you via smartphone if your alarms go off
- Provides local emergency services phone number based on your home's address, no matter where you are
- Calls friends and family for backup if you don't respond to smoke and carbon monoxide alert notifications
- Requires iPhone 4S or later running iOS 8+ or Android phone with Bluetooth 4.0 and running 4.3+, In-home WiFi, U.S. residence address and ten digit phone number and free Leeo iOS or Android app. No international support.
- Easy setup - just plug it in, download the free iOS or Android app and connect to your home's Wi-Fi!
- SMOKE + CO DETECTION 2-in-1 smart smoke and carbon monoxide alarm alerts you to both types of danger in your home, with a photoelectric smoke sensor and electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor
- MOBILE + VOICE ALERTS Alarm sends emergency notifications, via your phone, while voice alerts tell you the type and location of danger
- A HOME SAFETY NETWORK + ALEXA Interconnects with other Onelink devices (sold separately) to create a smart home safety network, so if one alarm sounds, all will; works with Amazon Alexa so you can ask Alexa to check the status of your Onelink alarm (Alexa device sold separately)
- EASY BATTERY CHANGES Easy-access battery door, for simple battery changes; replaceable 5-year battery
- COMPATIBILITY Compatible with Apple HomeKit; can be used on both Apple and Android devices
First Alert Alexa Enabled Smoke Detector and Carbon Monoxide Detector
- ABOUT SAFE and SOUND: First Alert introduces Onelink Safe and Sound, an Alexa enabled, Apple HomeKit compatible hardwired photoelectric smoke and electrochemical carbon monoxide alarm, featuring a state of the art, omni directional speaker backed by First Alert’s unparalleled reliability and equipped with the power of Alexa
- EASY MOBILE CONTROLS: Get remote notifications of an emergency in your home for 24/7 safety, plus track carbon monoxide levels, customize nightlights, and more, using First Alert's Onelink Home app
- NO MORE CONFUSING BEEPS: Track battery levels in the app and optimize safety by knowing when it’s time to replace them. AirPlay 2 enables a wireless multi room audio system, creating an easy way to stream music anywhere in the home to different iOS and other AirPlay 2 compatible devices
- VOICE ALERTS: Key voice location technology announces the type and location of the danger in your home, keeping your entire home safe and connected during an emergency
- EASY TO INSTALL: Optimal ceiling placement enhances the speaker’s acoustic quality; make installation fast and easy by using the included AC adapter plugs to replace your existing hardwire alarms without rewiring (AC power is required for Onelink Safe and Sound)
- AUDIO DETECTOR: Listens to existing smoke or CO detectors in the home and sends signal to your Z-Wave network
- NO FALSE ALARMS: No false alarms with patented detection Algorithms and professional security Grade Accuracy and performance
- 1 SENSOR FOR WHOLE HOME COVERAGE: In most homes, with hardwired interconnected smoke detectors, only one sensor need for whole home coverage
- 5 YEARS BATTERY LIFE: Five year battery life on one CR123A lithium battery
- Z-WAVE: Natively compatible with SmartThings, it works with most brands of Z-wave home security hubs like Vera Plus, Vera Edge, Vera Lite, HomeSeer, D-link staples connect and Piper NV. If your brand is not listed, (e.g. Wink or Alarm.com based security panels) compatibility cannot be guaranteed.Operating frequency: 908.42 MHz
Honeywell SiX Two-Way Wireless Technology Smoke Detector
First Alert Z-Wave Smoke & Carbon Monoxide Detector Alarm | Battery Powered and Compatible with Ring Alarm Security System
- Help keep your family safe with this battery powered smoke and carbon monoxide detector alarm
- Unit uses wireless Z Wave technology to send mobile alerts if the alarm goes off, so you are aware whether you're at home or away
- Certified to work with smart home systems such as Ring Alarm Security System, Samsung SmartThings, and Nexia Home Intelligence when connected to a Z Wave gateway hub (sold separately; consult hub manufacturer to ensure compatibility with this First Alert device); not compatible with WINK or Onelink
- Photoelectric smoke sensor helps reduce false alarms caused by cooking or shower steam
- Electrochemical carbon monoxide sensor offers advanced detection technology
Final Thoughts on Smart Smoke Detectors
Protect your family with the added value of a smart smoke detector. The best smart smoke detectors will send alerts to your phone so that you never miss an alarm, keeping your home safe from smoke and carbon monoxide.
Last update on 2020-07-11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API